Zalman CNPS7000-Cu too heavy?

Old September 13th 03, 03:26 PM
Bryan L

Default Zalman CNPS7000-Cu too heavy?

I'm looking at the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu to cool my 2.4C and am wondering if I
should worry about the following disclaimer on Zalman's website:

"450g is the specified maximum weight for an Intel Pentium 4 cooler. The
weight of CNPS7000-Cu is 773g, so special care should be taken when moving a
computer equipped with CNPS7000-Cu. Zalman Tech is not responsible for any
damage that occurs when moving a computer."

I've looked for copper shims designed for socket 478 CPUs, but have come up
empty-handed. If I go with this cooler (and I'm inclined to), of course
I'll take extreme care when mounting it. Is there anything else I ought to
do to ensure I don't damage my CPU investment?

Thanks,

BJ

Old September 13th 03, 04:35 PM
Strontium

as long yoy have, bleh/

game rox

OS sucks....ANY COUNTRY
-
Brya'ven L stood up at show-n-tell, in ZNF8b.433277$o%2.195851@sccrnsc02,
and said:

I'm looking at the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu to cool my 2.4C and am
wondering if I should worry about the following disclaimer on
Zalman's web

I've loved all he neaadentura
fr killws myu Y

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old September 13th 03, 04:56 PM
Yvo

"Bryan L" schreef in bericht
I'm looking at the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu to cool my 2.4C and am wondering if

should worry about the following disclaimer on Zalman's website:

"450g is the specified maximum weight for an Intel Pentium 4 cooler. The
weight of CNPS7000-Cu is 773g, so special care should be taken when moving

computer equipped with CNPS7000-Cu. Zalman Tech is not responsible for any
damage that occurs when moving a computer."

I've looked for copper shims designed for socket 478 CPUs, but have come

up
empty-handed. If I go with this cooler (and I'm inclined to), of course
I'll take extreme care when mounting it. Is there anything else I ought

do to ensure I don't damage my CPU investment?

Thanks,

BJ

You don't have to worry. Just mount it! I know lots of people who have the
same heatsink (I'm considering to buy one myself too) and they haven't had
any problem at all. Copper just is very heavy and you won't find a lighter
heatsink which has the same cooling abilities. It's predecessor was even
heavier (something like 950g) and nobody has had problems with that!

Old September 13th 03, 05:10 PM
Erling Groes-Petersen

"Bryan L" skrev i en meddelelse
I'm looking at the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu to cool my 2.4C and am wondering if

should worry about the following disclaimer on Zalman's website:

"450g is the specified maximum weight for an Intel Pentium 4 cooler. The
weight of CNPS7000-Cu is 773g, so special care should be taken when moving

computer equipped with CNPS7000-Cu. Zalman Tech is not responsible for any
damage that occurs when moving a computer."

I've looked for copper shims designed for socket 478 CPUs, but have come

up
empty-handed. If I go with this cooler (and I'm inclined to), of course
I'll take extreme care when mounting it. Is there anything else I ought

do to ensure I don't damage my CPU investment?

Thanks,

BJ

You could get the aluminum/copper hybrid version, CNPS7000-AlCu instead.
It's within weight limits, and most reviews shows it to be just as effective
as the pure copper version - some have even found it to be better.

Regards,
Erling Groes-Petersen

Old September 13th 03, 08:08 PM
Ski

Is there anything else I ought to
do to ensure I don't damage my CPU investment?

lay the computer on its side with the heatsink UP when you move it, and don't
use it for a doorstop or substitute parking brake, you'll be fine...

Ski
Old September 14th 03, 02:47 AM
~misfit~

"Yvo" wrote in message

[...]

sarcasm Wow! You know everybody who has ever fitted and used a Zalman
CNPS7000-Cu or it's predecessor? /sarcasm
--
~misfit~

---

Old September 14th 03, 08:21 AM
David Maynard

Strontium wrote:
Jesus Christ, I need to stop drinking hard liquor!

-
Strontium stood up at show-n-tell, in ,
and said:

as long yoy have, bleh/

game rox

OS sucks....ANY COUNTRY
-

Ah. I thought maybe you had accidentally left your level 6 encryption code ring
activated.

Old September 14th 03, 08:55 AM
John Smith

I have the AlCU version after finding several detailed tests online from
people who noticed hardly any different in temp control between the two.
Best product I have ever bought and all future PCs will have one of these.

"Ski" wrote in message
Is there anything else I ought to
do to ensure I don't damage my CPU investment?

lay the computer on its side with the heatsink UP when you move it, and

don't
use it for a doorstop or substitute parking brake, you'll be fine...

Ski

Moving w/ large Zalman copper cooler Usenet User General 9 August 5th 04 10:54 AM
Zalman fan MNaut General 4 June 26th 04 05:31 PM
Anyone Got a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu looking at buying one recomendations ? We Live For The One We Die For The One General 3 May 19th 04 03:04 PM
Abit IC7 NB Cooler Vs Zalman ZM-NB32J Metaphoid Overclocking 1 August 5th 03 01:22 PM
Zalman flower and overclocking a Barton 2500 Simon Finnigan Overclocking 5 August 4th 03 12:25 AM