Finished LCD digital image display

Old April 19th 04, 08:19 AM
Douglas MacDonald

Default Finished LCD digital image display

Tremendous... Now when are you going to post a proper URL?

Douglas

"Stacey" wrote in message
Well the project is 99% done. All that's left is; at some point I want to
run the cables to the display inside the wall and maybe run a cat5 network
cable to the box for uploading images from my other machine downstairs.
Otherwise I'm extremely happy with the way this turned out.

I ended up with a -silent- computer box (in the corner behind the end

table
next my couch) running it. The only fan is a slow 80mm zalman in the rear
of the PSU, Specs a

17in Benq LCD monitor
old style ATX case with sideways PSU
intel P3 800
zalman Cu 3100 HS with no fan
300W PSU with 80mm Zalman fan 47 Ohm resistor in-line
modified PSU case with hole in side over CPU and grills removed
Voodoo 4 with fan removed
slot cover under video card removed
leadtek 2000XP TV card with remote
Benq DVD reader
Win2K w/ freeware slide show screen saver

So now I have remote TV/DVD/unlimited slide show display for 1280X1024
digital images which looks like a picture frame. So far the highest temps
I've seen on the CPU is 46C after a 2 hour DVD. With the slide show

running
24/7 the temps are around 40C.

I hope to have several hundred images (or more) on it to display in the
near future given it has a 15 gig drive in this box it can hold much more
than that. So far have about 75 images loaded and hundreds more to scan.

finished building the "frame" to hold the LCD this weekend. I left a 1"
wide vent slot the width of the frame under and above to allow convection
to cool the display. It's screwed to 2 studs which happened to be in the
right place as the display is only 16 inches wide. Below is a link to a

few
shots of it.

http://stephe_2.tripod.com/LCD.html

Now I have a place to display all these images I've taken over the last 20
years! It almost looks like a 11X14 chrome on a big lightbox is the best
way to describe it. Plus I now have a TV in the room that isn't "the focal
point" of the room that the furniture must be arranged around like most
houses have. I already had the old computer so the whole deal with the

mods
to silence the box and the LCD were about $650, cheaper than an LCD TV
would have been and much more versatile.
--

Stacey

Old April 19th 04, 09:29 AM
MikeWhy

"Stacey" wrote in message
Now I have a place to display all these images I've taken over the last 20
years! It almost looks like a 11X14 chrome on a big lightbox is the best

This isn't the Stacey that I know. It's too close to digital...

Old April 20th 04, 03:54 AM
Stacey

Douglas MacDonald wrote:

Tremendous... Now when are you going to post a proper URL?

This doesn't work?

http://stephe_2.tripod.com/LCD.html

Do you have a hosts file blocking ad sites? For some reason some of the host
files have www.tripod.lycos.com in them which blocks that whole domain. If
not can you access www.tripod.com? If not your ISP is blocking that domain
"for you"...

--

Stacey

[HLP] LCD knowledgeable - PDA Display Fjordur General 0 March 30th 04 02:31 PM
can someone look at this? steve General 3 March 1st 04 11:11 PM
display problem for compaq notebook 3000 series Julia Jin General 0 February 20th 04 01:01 AM
help?? steve General 11 February 11th 04 05:08 PM
Poor monitor image on Micron Trinitron CRT Dave Smith General 3 October 4th 03 10:31 PM