HL2 Bundle a total waste

Old November 9th 03, 04:39 PM
DaveL

Default HL2 Bundle a total waste

I was thinking of getting a 9600XT with HL2 but maybe not. This page
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12567 shows the coupon that supposedly
comes with the board. Check the fine print. "Half-Life 2 will be sent to
you once the game is available. Please allow 4 to 6 six weeks for
delivery"? Are they kidding? Who's going to want to wait 4 to 6 weeks?
They should put the game in the box or let you take the coupon to a store to
pick up HL2.

Dave

Old November 9th 03, 04:52 PM
Suzan Doucette

In case you didn't know, HL2 won't be out until April. The coupons were
printed
a month ago, so it was impossible to put the game in the box. And no store
is going
to deal with the logistical nightmare of people trying to "pick up" free
merchandise.
Can you imagine the fraud that would occur?

Old November 9th 03, 04:52 PM
Skid

They're not kidding anybody. There's no way to pack in a game that's not out
yet. If you'd checked the website listed on the coupon,
www.ati.com/online/hl2 you would have found this:

We understand that our customers are anxious to start playing Half-LifeŽ 2.
For our customers who purchase a qualifying RADEONT based graphics card that
includes the Half-LifeŽ 2 offer and activate their STEAM account before
Half-LifeŽ 2 is available at retail, Valve and ATI have added the Valve
Premier Pack FREE, which includes the games: Half-Life, Counter Strike, Team
Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force and
Ricochet. This is a limited time bonus offer that expires once Half-LifeŽ 2
is available.

Customers can use the Half-LifeŽ 2 Activation Key on their Half-LifeŽ 2
coupon to initiate download of the Valve Premier Pack from STEAM, Valve's
broadband delivery mechanism, free of charge, or can order a Steam Installer
CD for the Valve Premier Pack from ATI. Use of the Valve Premier Pack
requires an Internet connection and is subject to acceptance of the STEAM
Subscriber Agreement. Of course, you are still entitled to a free copy of
Half-LifeŽ 2 when it is released.

Old November 9th 03, 07:22 PM
DP

"DaveL" wrote in message
I was thinking of getting a 9600XT with HL2 but maybe not. This page
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12567 shows the coupon that supposedly
comes with the board. Check the fine print. "Half-Life 2 will be sent to
you once the game is available. Please allow 4 to 6 six weeks for
delivery"? Are they kidding? Who's going to want to wait 4 to 6 weeks?
They should put the game in the box or let you take the coupon to a store

pick up HL2.

You can download HL2 the day it is released.

Old November 9th 03, 09:59 PM
DaveL

Yes. That is a valid option. But what if you don't have broadband?

I just think ATI is getting the shaft from Valve on this. ATI should have
written a clause into the agreement to get a discount if the game is
delayed.

Dave

Old November 9th 03, 10:03 PM
DaveL

Well they already got their six million. There is no need to rush the game
out.

Dave

Old November 10th 03, 10:40 AM
IPConfig

hl2 will already be downloaded onto your computer by the time you can buy it

wrote in message
Yeah, and they sit & wait for STEAM. You can bet this is gonna be a
disaster for Valve.

Old November 10th 03, 05:39 PM
DaveL

Lol.
Steaming pile of ****?

Dave

****.

Old November 10th 03, 09:08 PM
DP

wrote in message
Yeah, and they sit & wait for STEAM. You can bet this is gonna be a
disaster for Valve.

I love Steam. I've never played HL1 until now, and with the AIW 9600 HL2
coupon, I not only get HL2 free, but I also got HL1, Opposing Force, CS, Day
of Defeat and a few other games completely free.