3Dmark 2001 and ATI?

Old June 29th 03, 07:46 PM
Just me

Default 3Dmark 2001 and ATI?

I get a 3dmark error message stating...

"3dmark2k1 needs dx 8.1 and proper drivers in order to run
Install MS DX 8.1 and try again"
bla bla bla

Now I know I have everything setup right and 3dmark2003 works fine btw. This
only happens AFTER the installation of DX 9. If I don't install DX9,
3dmark2k1 runs under DX8.1 as it should but of course I can't use 3dmark2k3
then... Understand? Thanks again...

"Lithurge" wrote in message
"Just me" wrote in news:SaFLa.37554$T85.4640919
@news1.telusplanet.net:

How do I run 3dmark2k1 with 9800 and DX9?
Thanks!

What exactly is your problem?

It runs fine on 9700 pro & DX9, so I can't see why it wouldn't
run on a 9800.

Old June 29th 03, 07:52 PM
KCB

"Just me" wrote in message
How do I run 3dmark2k1 with 9800 and DX9?
Thanks!

I had it working once with a 9700 and dx9, but after uninstallation and
reinstallation, I could never get to work again. The troubleshooter at
futuremark's website says to uninstall and reinstall the latest version
he
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E13265815

Old June 29th 03, 08:08 PM
Just me

I did uninstall and reinstall but that didn't help. One thing I noticed tho,
the AGP Texture Acceleration is NOT AVAILABLE when I run DirectX Diagnostic
Tool (dxdiag). (but all games work fine, again) How do I "enable" this AGP
texture acceletaion option, guys? I'm using drivers 3.4 here...

Old June 29th 03, 08:32 PM
Andy Cunningham

Get build 330 which works with DX9. Still you'll only be measuring DX8
features - it doesn't use DX9

Old June 29th 03, 10:46 PM
SlicK

I understand your problem!!!
Sorry for jumping to any conclusion!!! and portraying my post as obnoxious
but DX9 was my problem.

Jealous for the sake of 100!!!! (9700 - 9800)

good luck....

Old July 2nd 03, 09:07 PM
Just me

I get it now! Install the patch revision 330 over a full install that is
also a revision 330 and it works.

"NightSky 421" wrote in message
"Just me" wrote in message

How do I run 3dmark2k1 with 9800 and DX9?
Thanks!

There is a patch which allows you to run 3DMark2001 SE with DirectX 9
installed. Once I installed it, I was able to run the benchmark perfectly
on my 9700 Pro. The same should happen for you with the 9800 Pro.