ASUS P5AD2 Premium video problem at boot

Old February 3rd 05, 05:16 AM
Dodger

Default ASUS P5AD2 Premium video problem at boot

First I am a noob. This is my first attempt to build a PC. Please be
kind! I have the following components:

ASUS P5AD2 Premium MB
Leadtek 6600 GT PCI Express video card
2 x 512 MB Corsair 4200 DDR2 modules
1 Seagate SATA 120 GB drive
ANTEC NeoPower 480 PS
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case
HP CD ROM Drive

The machine will boot and I can get into the BIOS. I am using BIOS
defaults.

I was able to boot the machine with a boot CD running "Barts PE"
Windows preboot environment (XP SP2). I was able to start an XP
install, but it failed because it would not recognize that I had a
drive.

After a few reboots, the video problem started. The machine will
still Boot, go through Post, and check for devices, and I can enter
the BIOS setup. Everything looks OK until it is time to read the
CD and start installing Windows XP, the screen is filled with Red
Boxes that slowly migrate across the screen until the video screen
appears to be just red and black stripes.

I have reset all of the connectors, reseated the video, cleared the
CMOS, reset the RAM, tried each RAM modules seperately, but I still
get this video problem.

At this point, I am lost.