Laptop Graphics Card

Old January 5th 04, 01:27 AM
jeremy

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:54:57 +0000, Si wrote:

Do they make graphics cards for laptops? The reason I ask is that my
Brother thinks the on-board graphics chip in his laptop is broken. I'm not
sure of all the details but I told him I would see if I could find out.

Cheers.

Si

While it is not impossible for the graphic chip to be dead, I think it is
more likely to be a problem wiht the LCD or its connections.

Is there a VGA port on the laptop, can you hook up a monitor and do you
see anything?

Or could it be that the laptop just isn't turning on or POSTing

~Jeremy
Please remove your windows partition when replying by email

Old January 5th 04, 10:12 PM
John McGaw

"Si" wrote in message
Do they make graphics cards for laptops? The reason I ask is that my

Brother
thinks the on-board graphics chip in his laptop is broken. I'm not sure of
all the details but I told him I would see if I could find out.

Cheers.

Si

The only laptop that I've heard of that has user-changeable graphics
hardware is the super-expensive Alienware Area-51 gamer's system. There
might be others but I doubt that there are many. If the laptop in question
has such amenities you can be sure that tne manufaturer's instructions
and/or website would tout the fact.

http://www.alienware.com/system_pages/area-51m.aspx

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

Graphics card problem LanNam General 1 December 6th 03 01:48 AM
Graphics Card Question DrHibbert General 1 November 28th 03 03:58 AM
Problem: Compaq EVO D310 vs Nvidia Graphics Card. Tomas General 5 November 1st 03 05:39 PM
New Graphics Card AndrewMacInnes General 2 August 12th 03 11:12 PM
USB 1.1 card for old Laptop and W95? Cari General 0 August 11th 03 06:49 PM