A bit off topic but anyone using a simple solution to capture TV stuff and then burning to SVCD ?

Old February 25th 04, 05:28 PM

Default A bit off topic but anyone using a simple solution to capture TV stuff and then burning to SVCD ?

Ive tried Power VCR , WIN DVR and WIN VDR and Virtual Dub and some
other stuff.

The thing is Power VCR doesnt have 480x480 and its output wont load
into TMPGEnc. Theres a hack to save it to 480x480 but it still wont
load into TMPGenc and the pic quality is horrible until youget to
640x480 mpeg2 captures and of course it wont load into TMPGEnc.

Tmpgenc says installing POWERDVD or someother player enables you to
load MPEG2 files . It doesnt give me an error anymore but it then
crashes.

WIN DVR - does have a 480x480 save and the specs seem to match
SVCD specs but when I try to burn in NERO it gives me a outspec
warning and then when I play it - its haphazard sometimes not playing
on my DVD player . And it looks crappy. It also has to be at least
640x480 .

The way it saves - the bitrate has it seems has to be way above
2400-2600 - around 3000+ or you get grungy auras , coarse pixelization
, grainyness - in the shots especially ones where theres a lot of
movement.

Ive finally WIN VDR - which seems to capture way way wya better
quality . Not half as horrendous even at VCD levels and much decent at
SVCD possibly enabliing simple capture and burn at SVCD quality.
But strangely despite specs that match SVCD and no warningfrom NERO it
wont play on my DVD player ! And my DVD player can play any SVCD that
comes from TMPGEnc so thats not the problem.

Anyone use something that works or use these products?

Old February 25th 04, 07:47 PM
Theo

" wrote in
:

Anyone use something that works or use these products?

You can go to www.dvdrhelp.com for information.

But... one thing you might want to consider is whether or not you need SVCD
for TV recordings. VCD will work just fine. Also, look at KVCD. It is a
refinement of the standard VCD settings that is usually better. Certainly
good enough for television.

Disaster Recovery - Best Solution? Stan Homebuilt PC's 9 October 10th 04 12:09 PM
oops.. steve General 6 April 28th 04 01:43 AM
Dance Mat USB problem - possible solution... Name General 1 February 5th 04 08:40 PM
CPU Cooling Solution John E General 7 December 24th 03 08:59 AM
Rediculously Simple Question Jeremy General 11 August 11th 03 03:49 AM