A7N8X and USB issue

Old July 4th 03, 01:01 AM
sox

Default A7N8X and USB issue

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:15:46 -0400, "BGS" wrote:

I'm having the same problem with my A7N8X:

I have XP SP1 which includes USB2 support. I have tried ASUS's XP drivers
to no avail as well. Also installed Windows2003 (also with built-in USB 2,0
support) to no avail.

It seems like the transfer is too fast for system to keep up........ie: if I
transfer a 600mb .zip file to USB harddrive drive, the transfer will be
quick up to about half-way then basically stalls for a few seconds before an
i/o error pops-up and disconnects thre USB drive.
If I unplug/replug in the drive then check the drive...the entire file is
there!!! I can open the .zip file without errors.

any ideas??

"Gameł" wrote in message
El Durango typed:

I have setup my A7N8X deluxe board with Athlon 2800 (Barton) and PC3200.
I installed WinXP on my drive and all drivers read fine. In fact
everything is quite honky dory. However when I connect my external 80
Gig harddrive to my motherboards USB connectors and try viewing a movie
file on that drive I get I/O errors in windows. Windows detects the
drive and you can view the files however intermittently. Sometimes when
I try shutting down or booting into windows with the drive connected and
powered, it seems to hang forever. I was wondering if anyone had
intermittent issues with this board concerning USB connections.

Is your external HDD an USB 1.1 or 2.0 drive?
Have you checked the configuration of the USB controller under the BIOS?
Is it set to both 1.1 and 2.0 or 1.1 only?
Bye.

--
Preferirei essere chiamato genio di male...

I too am having the exact same problems with my A7N8X-DLX rev 1.4
mainboard. The release version of XP-Pro I installed had SP1
included, so by default I'm screwed unless I install XP w/o SP1?? ack!
Also, I've tried updating to the lastest Asus USB Driver or applying
Windows Update to my USB devices (device manager), it still
disconnects when I attach external USB devices. If I have to do a
clean install to get my onboard USB devices to function this will be
my last Asus product, this is unacceptable.

Please let me know if anyone has installed Windows XP-Pro w/SP1
included (M$ Release) and having the same problems.

thx - s