Problem installing NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

Old October 2nd 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
[email protected]

Default Problem installing NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

I am getting a bluescreen installing NT 4 server on a Compaq Proliant
DL380 G2. The bluescreen message is "NO SYSTEM PTES". I installed the
SCSI 5300 driver also. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old October 2nd 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jez T

All you need to download is he
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...te/7_1342.html

Update the Firmware - BIOS + SmartArray card at the very minimum

Boot to SmartStart CD and run a hardware diagnostics test

Make a full note of the blue screen, and Google until you get some sort of
clue as to what the problem is.

Why in frigg's eck would you want to install NT4?

ups.com...

Old October 2nd 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Heimo Hetl

wrote:

I am getting a bluescreen installing NT 4 server on a Compaq Proliant
DL380 G2. The bluescreen message is "NO SYSTEM PTES". I installed the
SCSI 5300 driver also. Any ideas? Thanks.

Did you do the full smartstart thing?

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.
Old October 4th 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
[email protected]

I did everything like you mentioned and used two different smartstart
cds(5.5 and 6.4 versions) with same result. whether i chose on
smartstart cd to install Microsoft NT 4 server or Microsoft NT 4
server(for MS customers only), it asked for an NT Server 4 CD to
install the files. I used my old NT Server 4.0 cd. Not sure if that is
the problem, but that is the only NT 4 Server cd in my company that i
can find.

The reason i had to install NT 4 Server is that some appications from
client are still only running on NT 4 and will not work on Win 2003
server,so i had to make my client happy.

Old October 4th 07, 04:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
VinceV

As an alternative I suggest you install Windows 2003 server and then
run NT 4 on the free MS virtual server product.

I have successfully used this combination to support legacy
applications.

VinceV

Old October 4th 07, 07:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jez T

Make sure your system partition is less than 8 Mb. Old trick (very old)

Good idea Vince!

ups.com...

Old October 4th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
msg

Jez T wrote:

Make sure your system partition is less than 8 Mb. Old trick (very old)

^

8MB or 8GB?

Regards,

Michael

Old October 8th 07, 07:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
[email protected]

My server still crashes, so i have asked another co-worker who works
offsite to come into the office to help me this coming week. I did use
4Gig as system partition also. Still problem.

Old October 8th 07, 08:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil[_9_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
My server still crashes, so i have asked another co-worker who works
offsite to come into the office to help me this coming week. I did use
4Gig as system partition also. Still problem.

If I remember correctly, when I last loaded NT4 on a Compaq we had to start
with the 4 install floppy's. Bear in mind, that was a month or two of
Sundays ago. As I remember, we had multiple problems trying to use cd only.
The floppies to start did the trick, at least for me.
I'm surprised NutCracker hasn't said something as he is/was, if he is still
with us, the resident windows expert.
Phil