Anti virus?

Old May 17th 05, 04:37 PM
David Simpson

Default Anti virus?

I know this isn't a hardware question, but I can't find an active Windozes
64 bit site. Does anyone know of an anti virus program that will run under
windoze 64bit edition?

Anyone know of a good (active) windoze 64bit website for programs and
drivers?

Thanks,
David
Old May 18th 05, 02:08 AM
Crimson*

I'm using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0. I've also heard that the latest
version of Avast! will work.

Old May 18th 05, 02:29 AM
David Simpson

"Crimson*" wrote in
:

I'm using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0. I've also heard that the
latest version of Avast! will work.

Thank you. I found Avast! about 3 hours after posting here.

David

Old May 19th 05, 03:08 AM
fj

I can also confirm Avast installs without apparent issues and has worked for
several reboots over several hours.
"David Simpson" wrote in message
. 97.131...
"Crimson*" wrote in
:

Old May 19th 05, 08:19 PM
Roy Coorne

fj wrote:
I can also confirm Avast installs without apparent issues and has worke=

d for=20
several reboots over several hours.

Second.

BTW - As I have installed the French language version of avast! 4.6=20
Home on WinXP_x64, I have pleasure in listening to the female voice=20
announcing "La base des donn=E9s de virus a =E9t=E9 mise =E0 jours" after=
=20
every successful download of new virus definitions;-)

Roy

IMPORTANT ANTI VIRUS INFORMATION Zebedee General Hardware 1 April 23rd 04 02:30 PM
Anti Virus hawk Homebuilt PC's 22 April 21st 04 01:47 AM
Anti virus/ firewall protection check Michael J. Apollyon Homebuilt PC's 0 December 18th 03 03:49 PM
Norton Anti Virus 2004 sends computer into reboot loop Glenn M Homebuilt PC's 6 September 26th 03 03:31 AM
Nortons Anti Virus Stephen Rabinowitz Compaq Computers 5 September 8th 03 10:59 PM