ATI TV Tuner 8.8

Old May 3rd 05, 07:33 PM
John

Default ATI TV Tuner 8.8

Hello.

Hello I have the Radeon 9600 Aiw card and need a little help with the
TV Tuner software.

In Setup, Under Personal Video Recorder, there are settings for the
recording preset.

The default presents are all Mpeg1, except for the last one which is
for portable devices and is Mpeg4.

I want my own presets in their that are Mpeg2.

I have already clicked on Map Preset to define my own settings,
however, I can't seem to get the to stay in there! Whenever I restart
the system or close the program, or turn my computer back on, they
have all changed back to the default settings.

Does anyone know how I override the default settings so the recording
presets of my choice are the default and always present settings?

It's an absolute pain in the rear this is. You would think that when
you select your own it would remember the settings for the next time
you use the TV Tuner.

Thanks for any help

John

Old May 3rd 05, 08:33 PM
T Shadow

"John" wrote in message
[...]

Here's my 2 guesses.
You don't have the DVD Player installed. It contains the MPG2 codec.
MMC isn't shutting down properly. It saves settings when it closes, if it
doesn't close properly the changes won't be there the next time It's run. Do
a Repair &/or Reinstall of MMC.

Old May 3rd 05, 08:50 PM
PhxGrunge

"John" wrote in message
[...]

To get mpeg2, you must have a DVD software app installed and registered in
the Windows registry on your system so that the ATI install can see it and
open up the ability to record in mpeg2.