Cookies

Old September 9th 04, 04:24 PM
Ben Myers

Agreed, cookies are a royal pain in the arse. But Billy Gates is not the
culprit on this one. Tim Berners-Lee and his cohorts who invented the WWW
included cookies. You'll get cookies on Macs, Linux boxes, and any other
computer with a browser that complies with the WWW standard.

.... Ben Myers

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:23:57 -0700, "metronid" wrote:

Not excatly a Packard Bell Thing

I am getting damm tired of cookies

Everyone wants to send you one
Even the most respected sites send you cookies]
that trace your every move

Some do even more than that

Mr Bill Gates is the culprit
This was not a problem with Earlier Windows
Versions
Much earlier

It is not a problem with Sun's Operating System

I can not even go to the bathroom without some
cookie knowing which hand I use

I use a blocker
It works OK
I use a spyware remover
It does a good job

There are some sites that wil not allow you on
if you block a cookie
That is their right

We need to call or write our elected officials
and let them know that this is a privacy issue

Old September 10th 04, 12:49 AM
Elector

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:23:57 -0700, "metronid" had this to say and I had to
reply to it:

::Not excatly a Packard Bell Thing
::
[...]

I have used adaware and spybot search & destroy as well as the Microsoft settings that curb the
cookies. Cookies are harmless in that if your settings are correct no information other than your
visit should be recorded. I can recommend these two programs highly.

Elector

Old September 10th 04, 12:50 AM
Elector

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:24:33 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) had this to say
and I had to reply to it:

::Agreed, cookies are a royal pain in the arse. But Billy Gates is not the
::culprit on this one. Tim Berners-Lee and his cohorts who invented the WWW
::included cookies. You'll get cookies on Macs, Linux boxes, and any other
::computer with a browser that complies with the WWW standard.
::
::... Ben Myers
Including Pocket PC's as I just noticed while looking at my own.
You cannot escape the cookie..! ha ha

Elector
Old September 10th 04, 05:13 AM
Ben Myers

Sure he did, along with the boys from the ARPA project. But Berners-Lee is the
cookie man... Ben

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:41:03 -0700, "metronid" wrote:

I thought that the Vice President
of Monica's boyfreind invented the internet

Old September 10th 04, 06:41 AM
metronid

wrote:

Not excatly a Packard Bell Thing

I am getting damm tired of cookies

Everyone wants to send you one
Even the most respected sites send you cookies]
that trace your every move

Some do even more than that

Mr Bill Gates is the culprit
This was not a problem with Earlier Windows
Versions
Much earlier

It is not a problem with Sun's Operating System

I can not even go to the bathroom without some
cookie knowing which hand I use

I use a blocker
It works OK
I use a spyware remover
It does a good job

There are some sites that wil not allow you on
if you block a cookie
That is their right

We need to call or write our elected officials
and let them know that this is a privacy issue

Alternatives to Norton Internet Security (HELP!) Johnny Canuck General 14 September 24th 04 01:56 AM
SPYBOT 1.3 EB Dell Computers 28 July 23rd 04 07:31 PM
Cookies and fake email addresses Kathy Tabb Gateway Computers 1 April 7th 04 12:47 AM
Negative scan beginner: help! Lew Scanners 10 December 18th 03 10:10 AM
Dimension 4100 - Graphics/Internet connection problem Laurie Dell Computers 5 July 17th 03 03:32 AM