low-end 800 FSB motherboards

Old January 26th 04, 07:48 PM

Default low-end 800 FSB motherboards

hey everybody. hoping you can shed a lil' bit of advice. I have a client
that is wanting a system built but is wanting a low-end one. however she
wants to be able to upgrade without a problem. i decided to go with an 800
FSB board so processor swap wouldn't be a problem in the future.

Lately it seems like all i've been putting together for people is either
high-end or gaming systems so i'm a bit out of touch on history. Can some
of you give me ideas on what boards would be good that are low end but still
has the 800 FSB? thanks

Old January 26th 04, 10:28 PM
Pepperoni

"j" :7502 wrote in message ...

hey everybody. hoping you can shed a lil' bit of advice. I have a client
that is wanting a system built but is wanting a low-end one. however she
wants to be able to upgrade without a problem. i decided to go with an

800
FSB board so processor swap wouldn't be a problem in the future.

Lately it seems like all i've been putting together for people is either
high-end or gaming systems so i'm a bit out of touch on history. Can some
of you give me ideas on what boards would be good that are low end but

still
has the 800 FSB? thanks

Put in a good Intel board with onboard sound, video and LAN. For $120
you'll get a board that even supports the Celerons @400fsb. You'll have
dual memory channels, but can load minimal memory on channel I; you can then
have *ALL the expansion slots empty for future upgrades. You'll have a top
of the line board and every upgrade option imaginable. A floppy and CD,
dial-up modem and the software of your choice is about as basic as you can
get. Don't skimp on the board. CPUs are cheaper than ever and performance
costs less than ever. I'd still go with a P4 @800fsb, but that isn't even
necessary for a machine that will apparently have minimal demands on
resources.

http://www.essencompu.com/nupplysingar.asp?ID=4390
http://www.essencompu.com/nupplysingar.asp?ID=4394

Old January 26th 04, 11:14 PM
kony

On 26 Jan 2004 12:48:08 -0600, "j" :7502 wrote:

hey everybody. hoping you can shed a lil' bit of advice. I have a client
that is wanting a system built but is wanting a low-end one. however she
wants to be able to upgrade without a problem. i decided to go with an 800
FSB board so processor swap wouldn't be a problem in the future.

Lately it seems like all i've been putting together for people is either
high-end or gaming systems so i'm a bit out of touch on history. Can some
of you give me ideas on what boards would be good that are low end but still
has the 800 FSB? thanks

It's quite simple, a low-end system should be build around an Athon
XP. There's nothing "low-end" about the price of any decent P4, and a
Celeron is like buying 2 year old performance. Everyone would like
to have it all, cheap board that's stable, long-lived, and very
upgradable in the future, but if that was all easy to get in the same
board, of course that's the only thing most people would buy.

A good low-end system would have:

Athlon XP2500 Barton
nForce2 IGP (integrated video) m'board
2 x 256MB PC2700
80GB HDD, like a Maxtor 7K2, 8MB cache
Sparkle 300W PSU
Old January 27th 04, 12:48 AM
ElJerid

"j" :7502 wrote in message ...

hey everybody. hoping you can shed a lil' bit of advice. I have a client
that is wanting a system built but is wanting a low-end one. however she
wants to be able to upgrade without a problem. i decided to go with an

800
FSB board so processor swap wouldn't be a problem in the future.

Lately it seems like all i've been putting together for people is either
high-end or gaming systems so i'm a bit out of touch on history. Can some
of you give me ideas on what boards would be good that are low end but

still
has the 800 FSB? thanks

Why not Asrock?
It's a daughter (or sister) company of Asus (I think made in China). Quality
is excellent and prices very low (in Europe, less than 70 Euros).
For example:
*** Asrock P4VT8 ***
FSB 800 MHz, 2 x Serial ATA, 2 x ATA133, Raid, 8 x USB 2, hybrid booster,
AGP8X, LAN, Audio 5.1, a.s.o.

Old January 27th 04, 12:56 AM
DaveW

The Asus P4P800 non-Deluxe is a good board for the lesser money.

--
DaveW

"j" :7502 wrote in message ...

hey everybody. hoping you can shed a lil' bit of advice. I have a client
that is wanting a system built but is wanting a low-end one. however she
wants to be able to upgrade without a problem. i decided to go with an

800
FSB board so processor swap wouldn't be a problem in the future.

Lately it seems like all i've been putting together for people is either
high-end or gaming systems so i'm a bit out of touch on history. Can some
of you give me ideas on what boards would be good that are low end but

still
has the 800 FSB? thanks

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old January 27th 04, 02:09 AM
Stacey

DaveW wrote:

The Asus P4P800 non-Deluxe is a good board for the lesser money.

I agree, these work great and are very upgradeable.
--

Stacey

motherboards Dave General 3 January 10th 04 05:06 PM
evaluation motherboards socket extenders for pentium Sudhakar Govindavajhala General 4 November 23rd 03 10:55 PM
Registered DDR RAM on non-server motherboards As mellow as a horse General 0 November 15th 03 04:10 PM
Can a motherboards bios be upgraded to support faster CPUs? How? [email protected] General 0 September 28th 03 12:50 PM
What about ASUS and ECS motherboards? [email protected] General 6 July 26th 03 11:56 PM