Media for slow burners

Old August 27th 04, 03:35 PM
Ron G

Default Media for slow burners

I've a Plex and TDK that burn cdr's in the 10-12x range. Very reliably
on my diminishing pile of discs made for burning at those speeds. Can't
find them any more so I'm wondering if there are high speed discs I
should avoid or prefer for using with these burners? I understand all
the talk about Made in Taiwan, etc. Just want to know about speed issue.
Or, if compatibility a problem, does anyone know where I can find the
older discs? Thanks much.

Old August 27th 04, 07:20 PM
Mike Richter

Ron G wrote:

I've a Plex and TDK that burn cdr's in the 10-12x range. Very reliably
on my diminishing pile of discs made for burning at those speeds. Can't
find them any more so I'm wondering if there are high speed discs I
should avoid or prefer for using with these burners? I understand all
the talk about Made in Taiwan, etc. Just want to know about speed issue.
Or, if compatibility a problem, does anyone know where I can find the
older discs? Thanks much.

You'll have to do some testing, but my experience with both T-Y and
Mitsui blanks suggests that they'll work well at 12x even if rated as
high as 48x. At 8x, there were a few (recoverable) errors, but at 12x
they are error-free in either of my Plexwriter 1210s's.

You may find that true on less expensive media which are easier to
locate, but there's no guarantee. Of course, the claim on the package
won't be worth much until the drive learns to read printed English. G

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old August 27th 04, 09:11 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Ron G (Pipsqueak) squealed:

snip squealing

Instead of squealing like a stuck pig, why don't you prove ANY of the
follwing is a libel?

BTW, why are you pipsqeaks unable to do so -- when Mikey has proof of
misquotes? Don't you pipsqueaks know how to do a copy & paste?

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole
Old August 27th 04, 10:08 PM
Ron G

Mike:

As always, thanks for help. Good to see we share common tastes in
burners....and opera, too.

/ron

Old August 27th 04, 10:36 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Ron G (Pipsqueak) squealed:

Mike:
As always, thanks for help.

Mikey sure is great help. Why, Mikey even points out "Significant
Errors" and "Common Mistake" in the CD-R FAQ:

"CD-R FAQ has Significant Errors"
"CD-R FAQ makes a Common Mistake"

--------------------------
Wow! What a Friggin ****!
--------------------------

--------------------------------------
Old August 28th 04, 01:23 AM
Travis Evans

Ron G wrote:
I've a Plex and TDK that burn cdr's in the 10-12x range. Very reliably
on my diminishing pile of discs made for burning at those speeds. Can't
find them any more so I'm wondering if there are high speed discs I
should avoid or prefer for using with these burners? I understand all
the talk about Made in Taiwan, etc. Just want to know about speed issue.
Or, if compatibility a problem, does anyone know where I can find the
older discs? Thanks much.

With my external USB burner, I was stuck with burning at around 4x-8x on
media rated at around 24x for a long time until I got a desktop computer
that I could install the USB 2.0 card in (to allow burning at 24x and
reading at 40x), yet I had pretty good results.

Your mileage may vary, because there are a lot of variables involved.
You could try buying a small package of CD-Rs and make some test discs
to see how well they work. If they work well, you could then buy a
larger package of the same brand and use those. If they don't work, you
at least won't have wasted too much money starting with the small package.

--
Travis
[Remove all three q's to demunge my email address.]
Old August 28th 04, 05:21 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Ron G (Pipsqueak) moaned:

snip moaning

Stop that moaning, sicko!

Did you get ecstatic seeing these Mikey's spew, sicko?

Old August 28th 04, 08:36 AM
mike

Ron G wrote:
I've a Plex and TDK that burn cdr's in the 10-12x range. Very reliably
on my diminishing pile of discs made for burning at those speeds. Can't
find them any more so I'm wondering if there are high speed discs I
should avoid or prefer for using with these burners? I understand all
the talk about Made in Taiwan, etc. Just want to know about speed issue.
Or, if compatibility a problem, does anyone know where I can find the
older discs? Thanks much.

I burn everything at 12X. Fast drive, slow drive, fast disks, slow
disks. If I get a C2 error, I start over with a new disk. Think that
happened once...maybe...

Can't see any reason to change a strategy that works.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
Compaq Aero floppy,ram,battery.

Old August 28th 04, 03:32 PM
Ron G

Thanks everyone for help. It's been awhile since I used this group and
it's deju vu all over again what with smh coming up out of his swamp to
spew more gas. Like the familiar neighborhood old many peeping
tom/stalker. And I thought I had my kill file setup just right.

Old August 28th 04, 09:00 PM
smh

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Ron G (Pipsqueak) moaned:

snip moaning

Stop that moaning, sicko!

Are you coming?