Abit NF7S & suspend to ram

Old September 2nd 04, 11:24 PM
Deadly_M

Default Abit NF7S & suspend to ram

I have an ABit NF7-S and windows XP pro (tried both service packs and a Bios
upgrade)
I cannot seem to get suspend to ram working
Ive tried both settings in the bios, but i always just get windows
suspending to disc
i really want suspend to ram working.

Is this a problem with this board or am i expecting too much ?

Thanx in advance

_____________________________________

Matthew Purves , (Deadly_M)
www.DeadlyM.com

Old September 3rd 04, 11:32 PM
Samuria

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 23:24:52 +0100, "Deadly_M"
wrote:

how much ram do you have?
windows uses about 500meg of ram including swapfile so you can see you
need a big chunk of ram to save it.

Save it to hd and see how big the file is if its 700meg and you have
only 128 meg ram you can see why it wont work

Old September 4th 04, 07:16 PM
Deadly_M

I have a 1 Gig of RAM in the system however im not sure that is important
becuase windows always keeps its swapfile on the disc anyway so any ram
mapped out to the swap file would just stay on the disc until i started up
again anyway?

incidentally my swapfile is not on the boot drive , could this be upsetting
things ?
The drawback of having 1 gig seems to be that suspend to disc takes bloody
ages to save the masses of into the hiberfile!

The only card in there is a GF6 also tried my old GF4 still no suspend to
RAM ??
even tried a bios upgrade.

Anymore ideas ?

Old September 4th 04, 08:23 PM
JK

wrote:

I have an ABit NF7-S and windows XP pro (tried both service packs and a Bios
upgrade)
I cannot seem to get suspend to ram working
Ive tried both settings in the bios, but i always just get windows
suspending to disc
i really want suspend to ram working.

Is this a problem with this board or am i expecting too much ?

STR works like a dream for me on NF7.
512 Mb ram, I wake up by any key (I believe thias was the one that
works best).

Your power supply has to be acpi comtapatible, as graphisc card and
all other peripherals.

best regards

John
Old September 10th 04, 03:08 PM
David J. Boniuk

wrote:

I have an ABit NF7-S and windows XP pro (tried both service packs and a
Bios
upgrade)
I cannot seem to get suspend to ram working
Ive tried both settings in the bios, but i always just get windows
suspending to disc
i really want suspend to ram working.

Is this a problem with this board or am i expecting too much ?

STR works like a dream for me on NF7.
512 Mb ram, I wake up by any key (I believe thias was the one that
works best).

Your power supply has to be acpi comtapatible, as graphisc card and
all other peripherals.

best regards

John

Probably asking the obvious here, but did you have your BIOS set to suspend
to ram before you installed WindowsXP?
If I recall correctly, you cant just turn on suspend to ram after you have
already installed WinXP (which is pretty stupid if you ask me).

DJB

Old September 11th 04, 09:10 PM
Deadly_M

I think it was set at suspend to disc
however im sure i've played with both settings before and switched between
them on previous motherboards .
???