How to ue two Asus DVD burners, advice please?

Old October 29th 08, 12:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default How to ue two Asus DVD burners, advice please?

I have an Asus P5K and I am using two ide drives and have an Asus DVD
burner connected to a master serial connector. I want to be able to use
two burners for copying, one for the master, one for the blank using Nero
8. Should the new burner be connected to a slave serial connector? TIA

--
-
Old October 30th 08, 02:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Rob

wrote in message
Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On 28 Oct 2008 23:50:02 GMT, wrote:

I have an Asus P5K and I am using two ide drives and have an Asus DVD
burner connected to a master serial connector. I want to be able to
use two burners for copying, one for the master, one for the blank
using Nero 8. Should the new burner be connected to a slave serial
connector? TIA

Makes no difference.

Both drives should be set to Cable Select. You select which drive is
which in Nero.

Thanks for the help. I have both burners connected now but I don't see
an option in Nero as to which is to be used as the recorder. I see an
option to select which drive is used but then it is used for both playing
and burning the copy.

I don't think you see that option until you try an actual disc copy.
Then you should see *two* selection boxes: Source Drive and
Destination Drive (I've just tried it, so take this as fact.)
If you don't, perhaps Nero isn't seeing one of them. The usual
cause for this is that Nero doesn't recognise some new drives as
they aren't in its local database. The solution is to update nero with
the latest patch for the version you have.
The above should work if the OS can already see both drives.

Some versions of Nero can't be patched, but a full retail version
should be OK.

HTH,
--
Rob

Old November 1st 08, 07:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

"Rob" wrote:
wrote in message
Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
[...]

Thanks Rob. Should I see this option when I select "DVD Copy" or is
there a just a "disc copy" I should look for? Nero is seeing both
recorders because when I select to choose recorder it shows both.

--
-
Old November 1st 08, 07:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

"Rob" wrote:
wrote in message
Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
[...]

I just figured it out. Instead of DVD copy I found the other disc copy
and saw the options you described, thanks. I am copying a DVD now using
both recorders.

--
-
Old November 1st 08, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:

I just figured it out. Instead of DVD copy I found the other disc copy
and saw the options you described, thanks. I am copying a DVD now using
both recorders.

What speed is it copying at ?

Paul