SATA driver disk

Old September 3rd 06, 07:28 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Moo

Default SATA driver disk

My Abit IC7 came with a floppy containing XP SATA drivers... all that's on
the disk are the data files & INF files... where do I install these items,
right clicking on the INF and choosing install doesn't do anything.

Many thanks,

Moo

Old September 3rd 06, 06:50 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Wes Newell

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 07:28:48 +0100, Moo wrote:

My Abit IC7 came with a floppy containing XP SATA drivers... all that's on
the disk are the data files & INF files... where do I install these items,
right clicking on the INF and choosing install doesn't do anything.

The floppy was for a new windows OS installation. When it ask you if you
have any drivers to load manually. If you've already got windows installed
just install the CD that came with the board.and load the drivers from it.

Old October 22nd 06, 06:09 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Gary Avrett

I just used this when installing Windows XP on a new SATA hardrive. During
the intallation at the beginning it said to press F6 if you had other
drivers to install (if you use this method it will load windows xp drivers
then a window will ask you to what you want to do to install new hardware.
Read it carefully and choose install new hardware or something to that
effect. You then put the disk in the floppy drive and tell it to proceed.

If you are adding a SATA drive to your existing windows just power down,
install drive, power up and when the Windows Desktop comes up it should say
"Windows has found new hardware" and what type. It will probably have a
popup menu that says driver could not be located and asks you to install it.
Put it in the floppy drive and direct windows to look for it.
It should find and install it.