AX8 SATA drives not seen

Old May 19th 06, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default AX8 SATA drives not seen

I'm setting up a AX8 mobo with a 3200 AMD 64 CPU. During booting up WinXP ,
it doesn't detect any SATA drives. I looked in the bios and I didn't see
where it detects sata drives? I just built a ASrock dual mobo and it
detected the same WD 250gig while booting from winXP with no problems. I'm
sure i'm missing somethine simple. Do I put the sata drivers on a floppy and
press F6 during the WinXP CD bootup?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Old May 21st 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

I tryed the SATA drivers on a floppy and it uses the drivers during an F6
install, then goes through the windows installing device drivers till setup
is starting windows. then windows still doesn't see the hard drive....

Old May 22nd 06, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

I jumpered the sata2 drive to sata1 and it's loading the drivers off the
floppy and seeing the drive..it formatted the drive and loads windows
files.. then when it reboots, it looses the drive.. anyone got any ideas?
pls?

Pete