Seeking advise...

Old August 26th 06, 02:35 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
ZR

Default Seeking advise...

Have had an NF-7 900 Mhz and have been satisfied.

Am looking to assembe a new computer (no gaming but much heavy images
to manipulate).

What is the suggestion for a new and good (better) MB and Processor ?

Thanks for any advise.
Old August 26th 06, 03:58 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Wes Newell

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:35:29 -0400, ZR wrote:

Have had an NF-7 900 Mhz and have been satisfied.

Am looking to assembe a new computer (no gaming but much heavy images
to manipulate).

What is the suggestion for a new and good (better) MB and Processor ?

If that's an old Duron 900 or Athlon 900, then just upgrading the cpu
would give you a tremendous boost in speed.

Old August 27th 06, 08:31 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
ZR

Thank youy but - no. It is a new computer (for my daughter) which I
wantg to build.

What is the current recomendation for a good ABIT MB ?
Withou overclocking - what is the best CPU I should get for it etc.

Old August 28th 06, 06:01 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Wes Newell

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:31:05 -0400, ZR wrote:

What is the current recomendation for a good ABIT MB ?
Withou overclocking - what is the best CPU I should get for it etc.

That all depends on your definition of best. Best for one person may be
the worst for another. How much do you want to spend on a MB/cpu combo?
Under $200, $400, $1000, more? What ports do you need on the MB? PCIe,
AGP, friewire, etc. You see, while your question may seem reasonable, it's
really not.

Old August 28th 06, 06:11 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
ZR

OK.

I would want 2 (or more) USB 2.0
One 1394
Good and fast image processing capability mainly for heavy Photoshop
etc.
Good emount of RAM ( 4 Mb...?)
Good Sound - but doesn't have to be high qual
Fast AMD processor (but don't want to play with overclocking...)
Quite operation (fans)

What else am I missing ?

Oh - and I don't play games on my cumputer....

Thanks again

Old August 28th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Wes Newell

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:11:57 -0400, ZR wrote:

OK.

I would want 2 (or more) USB 2.0
One 1394
Good and fast image processing capability mainly for heavy Photoshop
etc.
Good emount of RAM ( 4 Mb...?)
Good Sound - but doesn't have to be high qual
Fast AMD processor (but don't want to play with overclocking...)
Quite operation (fans)

What else am I missing ?

Oh - and I don't play games on my cumputer....

Thanks again

Then the board I just replaced my old server board with would be a good
choice. I bought it because it had 4 PCI slots and I needed that many for
my 4 tuner cards, and it has evrything else you want and more. As for the
CPU. I went with an X2 3800+ for $150, but it'll take anything from an AM2
Sempron at about $60 to the latest FX-62 at about $800.

http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/Moth...GA-M55plus-S3G

Old September 4th 06, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
ZR

Well - I am still confused...:-(

I wanted an ABIT MB.

1. Is the NF8-V2 a good choice ?
2. What is the difference between this and my NF7-S ?
3. What would be the AMD CPU for the N8-V2 ?
4. Are there any other models of teh NF8 - XX? if so what is the
difference ?

Thanks again.