KV-80: cpu fan shows correct RPMs, other two fans show zero. Ideas?

Old January 30th 06, 02:44 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default KV-80: cpu fan shows correct RPMs, other two fans show zero. Ideas?

Have an ABIT KV-80. Flashed to latest (-17) bios. Three fans are
plugged into the fan headers:

AMD's included CPU fan to "CPUFAN" header
Thermaltake chipset fan to "NBFAN" header
Enermax PS fan lead to "SYSFAN" header.

Only the CPUfan shows RPMs when I go into the BIOS's "PC Health"
screen. The other two report zero. But I can see them spinning!

Note that *ALL THREE FANS* have three-wire type leads that should be
able to report speed...in fact that's the ONLY thing the power supply
fan lead is there for, to monitor the fan in the PS, not to provide
power to it.

Any ideas on what's wrong here? Is the Abit just not getting the
readings? Are the other mb headers just there for power, not
monitoring? Is there anything I can try?

thanks for any info or just random speculation,
jon

Old January 30th 06, 04:21 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

You might try rotating the connectors through the headers to see if it
is a fan problem or a motherboard problem.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

snip