AN8 Ultra, Interrupt problems, ACPI manipulation

Old December 30th 05, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default AN8 Ultra, Interrupt problems, ACPI manipulation

Hello, I have build a HTPC, or media PC with the following components
assembled:

CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200 +
Mainboard ABIT AN8 Ultra
Graphics Sapphire Radeon X300SE PCIe
TV analogously TV station KNC ONE DVR
TV DVB-t TV station KNC ONE DVB-t
Hard disk 2* Samsungs SpinPoint P80SD 160 GB SATA II RAID 0
OS Windows XP Home SP2 OEM
Software TVcentral 2.0 club edition
Codec Sonic Cineplayer 5.1

Unfortunately, I have the problem of picture drop-out and sound drop-out.
My BIOS, firmware, Windows and the drivers are on the newest state.
I suppose, it is in Interrupt problem.

1. What strikes me is the following: The AN8 Ultra has only 3 slots PCI. But
all the same whether I put the second TV in the slot 1 or 3, always the
Interrupt with the graphic is shared. In BIOS, as of under Windows.
Nevertheless, this must be a mistake of BIOS, or?

2. Maybe somebody can help me, but sh... Windows determs the Interrupts,
although quietly some are free, as for example both Serial, LPT, IDE, etc.
I can take on it no influence, because I have BIOS ACPI and Windows installs
the suitable computer driver.
If on the other hand I try to install Windows as on a Standart computer, the
SATA RAID is not recognized.
Is there a possibility to manipulate the Interrup determination under
Windows with a PC ACPI?

Please help!!!

Old December 31st 05, 04:13 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:29:27 +0100, Jürgen Brulow wrote:

Hello, I have build a HTPC, or media PC with the following components
assembled:

CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200 +
Mainboard ABIT AN8 Ultra
Graphics Sapphire Radeon X300SE PCIe
TV analogously TV station KNC ONE DVR
TV DVB-t TV station KNC ONE DVB-t
Hard disk 2* Samsungs SpinPoint P80SD 160 GB SATA II RAID 0
OS Windows XP Home SP2 OEM
Software TVcentral 2.0 club edition
Codec Sonic Cineplayer 5.1

Unfortunately, I have the problem of picture drop-out and sound drop-out.
My BIOS, firmware, Windows and the drivers are on the newest state.
I suppose, it is in Interrupt problem.

Well, I built mine based on my old A64 3000+, a couple of old 80gig
drives, an FX5200 vid card, a Dvico HDTV5 Gold card, Linux kernel 2.6.14,
and MythTV. Don't have any problems with playback only using about 40% cpu
load. I'd say your choice of software sucked. :-)

1. What strikes me is the following: The AN8 Ultra has only 3 slots PCI.
But all the same whether I put the second TV in the slot 1 or 3, always
the Interrupt with the graphic is shared. In BIOS, as of under Windows.
Nevertheless, this must be a mistake of BIOS, or?

Mine shares with vid card too. No problem. See 20.

[wes@wes2 ~]$ cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 39558722 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 118578 IO-APIC-edge i8042
3: 1129492 IO-APIC-edge serial
8: 14968 IO-APIC-edge rtc
9: 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
12: 4493859 IO-APIC-edge i8042
14: 381356 IO-APIC-edge ide0
15: 1417798 IO-APIC-edge ide1
16: 817579 IO-APIC-level ide2, eth0
17: 74 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd:usb1
18: 717316 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd:usb2
19: 7 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd:usb3
20: 27877564 IO-APIC-level cx88[0], cx88[0], nvidia
21: 400084 IO-APIC-level SiS SI7012
NMI: 0
LOC: 39559613
ERR: 0
MIS: 0
[wes@wes2 ~]$

2. Maybe somebody can help me, but sh... Windows determs the Interrupts,
although quietly some are free, as for example both Serial, LPT, IDE,
etc. I can take on it no influence, because I have BIOS ACPI and Windows
installs the suitable computer driver. If on the other hand I try to
install Windows as on a Standart computer, the SATA RAID is not
recognized.

Is there a possibility to manipulate the Interrup determination under
Windows with a PC ACPI?

Don't use Windows, sorry. Not sure about your choice of video card though.
MythTV takes advantage of off loading at lot of the decoding of the HD
stream to the nvdia card (which has this feature built into hardware). I
don't know how windows handles the video.

--
Want to control your HTPC. Tired of paying for guide data?
Want the ultimate in free OTA HDTV Recorder. mythtv.org

Old December 31st 05, 09:09 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Thanks, but your answer doesn't really help me. The reason why I use Windows
and TV Central is that I was told that it has more features especially when
I use DVB-t and analog TV. If in the very end I find out that my choice
doesn't work I may try something with Linux.
But until than I hope fore someone who can help me with my present problems