strange problem with audigy2

Old October 12th 04, 10:39 PM
OJO

Default strange problem with audigy2

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with my new audigy2.
Of all three outputs front+rear+center, only the first one is working.
Of curse I installed drivers from cd and set all settings according to
manual.

I thought the device may be broken, but a guy from the shop showed me on
his machine that the card was ok. I noticed his settings was the same as
mine.

I even decided to install a new instance of windows xp +sp1 on new
partition but it didn't solve the problem anyway.

I'm loosing my hope and thinking about suicide Please help me... TIA

OJO
Old October 13th 04, 12:26 AM
Francesco

Did you tag one of the CMSS 3D Functions? Press the Default button on each
tab then do your settings after. Then reboot.

Hope it works.

F.

Windows XP 5.1 SP2 AMD 3000+ @ 2.45GHz 1GB DC Kingston 400MHz 9800 Pro
Audigy 2 ZS Pro Platinum A7N8X Deluxe Raid 0 Raptor SATA

Old October 13th 04, 12:28 AM
Francesco

There are also updates available at www.sblive.com if that does not work.

Old October 13th 04, 01:59 PM
Ballpoint

Have you got the Audio HQ Speaker setting set on Surround, 5.1, or 4.1? If
you have it on 2 speakers or Headphones it'll seem like those outputs don't
work...

Old October 13th 04, 02:19 PM
Don Burnette

OJO wrote:
Hello,

I've got a strange problem with my new audigy2.
Of all three outputs front+rear+center, only the first one is working.
Of curse I installed drivers from cd and set all settings according to
manual.

I thought the device may be broken, but a guy from the shop showed me
on his machine that the card was ok. I noticed his settings was the
same as mine.

I even decided to install a new instance of windows xp +sp1 on new
partition but it didn't solve the problem anyway.

I'm loosing my hope and thinking about suicide Please help me...
TIA
OJO

Go to http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

Download the appropiate updated driver set for your Audigy2.

Then, go into your settings, make sure they are set up appropiately for your
speaker system.
Pay particular attention to the cmss settings, sometimes they will default
to some wierd setting, like 100% of sound from front speakers, etc.

Failing that, you may have a defective card. Can you exchange it for another
where you purchased it from?

--
Don Burnette

Old October 13th 04, 05:36 PM
OJO

Don Burnette wrote:
Go to http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
Download the appropiate updated driver set for your Audigy2.

Could you provide some detailed info. I've been looking for updates but
none of their description says about my problem.

Then, go into your settings, make sure they are set up appropiately for your
speaker system.
Pay particular attention to the cmss settings, sometimes they will default
to some wierd setting, like 100% of sound from front speakers, etc.

I tried all variations of settings - none was correct. As I said I even
installed fresh instance of winxp - it didn't help. The guy in the
service said he did nothing but simply installing drivers.

Failing that, you may have a defective card. Can you exchange it for another
where you purchased it from?

No. I was in service but they showed me the card was 100% OK.

I live on the 10th floor. When I was looking through the window today I
heard the pavement calling for me. So close to suicide...

OJO
Old October 13th 04, 07:26 PM
Avid Gamer

JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP

Old October 14th 04, 05:14 AM
Don Burnette

OJO wrote:
Don Burnette wrote:
Go to http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
Download the appropiate updated driver set for your Audigy2.

Could you provide some detailed info. I've been looking for updates
but none of their description says about my problem.

No more than to just get the latest drivers. You may already have, if so
just disregard.

Then, go into your settings, make sure they are set up appropiately
for your speaker system.
Pay particular attention to the cmss settings, sometimes they will
default to some wierd setting, like 100% of sound from front
speakers, etc.

I tried all variations of settings - none was correct. As I said I
even installed fresh instance of winxp - it didn't help. The guy in
the service said he did nothing but simply installing drivers.

Ok, check your line out connectors on the back of your card. Make sure they
are seated properly. Triple check that your audio cables are plugged in
appropiately.

Failing that, you may have a defective card. Can you exchange it for
another where you purchased it from?

No. I was in service but they showed me the card was 100% OK.

I live on the 10th floor. When I was looking through the window today
I heard the pavement calling for me. So close to suicide...

OJO

Nawww, don't think like that. What do you bet it is something really simple,
those are the ones that get overlooked so easily.

Failing that, try posting the problem at the Audigy Newsgroup on Creatives
server, news.creative.com I believe. Some pretty knowledgeable folks on
there.

Don't give up!!

--
Don Burnette