Asus 6800 Ultra?

Old August 27th 04, 07:24 AM
Richard Dower

Default Asus 6800 Ultra?

http://usa.asus.com/products/vga/v99...a/overview.htm

Does anyone have this card?, are the temps that much worse then the stock
cooling solution?, is it noisy?, how does it overclock etc?

I read the review at Anandtech and it didn't inspire me to purchase, still
tryna decide which card to get....and waiting for stock to come in.

Old August 27th 04, 01:27 PM
jimbob

I bought the ASUS 6800 V9999 Gamer Edition 256M Retail. This card has got
two Molex connectors. I am running a Fortron 350 watt PSU. No problems
with power and also I barely here the fan. This card can overclock nicley..
in Aquamark 3 1024x768 on a P4P800-E Deluxe Pentium 3.2 a get a score 55,500
with just the stock settings.. Nice card. I had a Asus 256ddr 5700 none ultra
card, good card also..I have several system I can put the 5700 in,
,, but my newer card ROCKS! you can find more benchmarking on these card if
you search the Web..but what I saw was that the GT's and Ultra seem like
good cards, but for the Money? the Gamer fits
my needs.. I know I could have gone 16 pipe GT but I wanted this Asus card
really bad, this 12 pipe card is Freaking Nice! its just as good as the GT and
Ultras
Just trying to snag up a 4x 8x apg cards before I can't get any,. won't be
long..

GO USA!