weird power-on issue with A7N8X-DLX 1.04

Old July 23rd 04, 05:58 AM
Techno Pride

Default weird power-on issue with A7N8X-DLX 1.04

I have a problem with my Asus nforce2 mobo, A7N8X-DLX 1.04.

The computer will turn itself on when I switch on the power from the wall
(electrical) outlet, even though I did not press the Power button on my
casing.

There is an option in the BIOS called "AC Power Loss Restart". I already
tried all 3 options (Disabled, Enabled, Previous State), but to no avail

Tried 2 BIOS versions, 1007 and 1008 and clearing CMOS, still no go.

any suggestions?

specs:
Athlon XP mobile 2500+
512mb kingston PC3200 (hynix bt--d43)
club3d FX5800
antec truepower 430

Old July 23rd 04, 07:26 PM
Apollo

Techno Pride wrote:
I have a problem with my Asus nforce2 mobo, A7N8X-DLX 1.04.

The computer will turn itself on when I switch on the power from the
wall (electrical) outlet, even though I did not press the Power
button on my casing.

My guess is, the power switch on the case is stuck, you can try removing it
and cleaning with an electrical solvent spray (worked for me once), or
replace it.

--
Ian