Why can' I overclock my ga-k8nf-9 from bios ?

Old July 12th 05, 01:26 PM
Nikonja

Default Why can' I overclock my ga-k8nf-9 from bios ?

Well i can but fsb goes only to 205 on 210 windows won't start, do i have
to put htt on 3 and lower multiplier, because in windows i can do whatever
i want from easytune 5 ! I have f4 bios ! cpu is a64 3500 winchester
Old July 12th 05, 02:40 PM
John

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:26:01 +0200, Nikonja wrote:

Well i can't fsb goes only to 205 on 210 windows won't start, do i have
to put htt on 3 and lower multiplier, because in windows i can do whatever
i want from easytune 5 ! I have f4 bios ! cpu is a64 3500 winchester

It could be that memory should be run asynchroneously.

Try this:
- cpu voltage 1.5 or 1.55
- ram at 2.6 or 2.7 volt
- Ctrl F1 from main menu page in bios brings Advanced chipset menu
point up. In there set memory fsb to 166, agp to 67, cpu fsb to 240
and HTT to 4x.

That will make memory run 166 x (240/200) = 200, and cpu is OC by 20%.

You can download clockgen for your motherboard

www.clockgen.com

A trick is to set in bios before clockgen agp at 67, cpu fsb to 201,
mem fsb to 166. That will lock agp and pci.

Then there is also a point with sata. Nvidia sata is not locked to
agp/pci.

Clocgen is a windows app. Much less childish than easytune.

best regards

John

Old July 15th 05, 07:27 AM
Cypher

Also, you might want to try updating the Bios to the new F6. When I had the
F3a that came with mine originally I could get around 270FSB, then when I
"upgraded" to the F4 I could only get 230MAX...now with the F6 I'm back at
270 again... plus, it looks like there are alot more features as well...

Old July 19th 05, 02:42 PM
Nikonja

"Nikonja" wrote in message
[...]

Did you flash your bios wrom windows with that gigabyte software @bios or