Solved problems with 44.03 and Directx 9.0 and the Lack of NVIDIA support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26th 03, 06:05 PM
George C. Sievers

Default Solved problems with 44.03 and Directx 9.0 and the Lack of NVIDIA support

I want to congratulate NVIDIA for being the only major company I have ever
seen that claims they do not produce anything so - they don't have to
support anything. There is NO PLACE I COULD FIND on their website for me to
return information to them on problems I had with their 44.03 driver. If
NVIDIA did not write this driver, then WHO DID?

I can guarantee that my next video card upgrade will not be NVIDIA. They
make no effort to provide their customers with any information at all about
problems with their most recent "universal driver" and Directx 9.0. After
upgrading my machine to their 44.03 driver (which they claim no
responsibililty for) and then installing Directx 9.0 none of the Direct3d
tests would run without failure. I reinstalled Directx 9.0 and still no
Direct3D. Finally, I reverted to NVIDIA's 40.72 and everything works. The
ONLY plus I give NVIDIA is the ease with which I was able to downgrade.
When I look for a place to post my problem on their web site so that other
users can be informed, THERE IS NO SUCH PLACE.

BTW, I have the following setup:

Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A
IE 5 6.0.2800.1106
Normal mode

AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 1.0 GHZ
512MB RAM- 133 FSB - DDR

NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 64MB