Building a PC - bundle suggestions

Old December 17th 10, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Ed Light

Default Building a PC - bundle suggestions

On 12/15/2010 10:37 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Everything that I have read says the frame rate of LCD's
is 60 hz, or 120 hz for newer large 3D screens (60 hz per eye ball)
and cannot be changed. 240 hz came out recently.

Mine can do 75 Hz.

I just installed the freeware version of Sys Info for Windows
that Monty suggested. It shows my vid at 85 hz.
(It looks like a great program, too - Thanks Monty.)

I've just tried it and it is beautiful. It doesn't know my current
resolution, though. It lists the vertical frequency as 56-75.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old December 22nd 10, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
kerneldebugger

I built a system around the GA 790XTA-UD4 and Phenom II 965 Black. The
Gigabyte
board was a big disappointment, mostly because it takes so long to boot (Win
XP). A
friend also bought that board, and his also takes a long time to boot (Win
XP), about
a minute and a half to be specific. Then I found online references to
others complaining
about the slow boot of the Gigabyte. Let the buyer beware.

I replaced the Gigabyte mobo with the Asrock 890FX Deluxe 4 and it was the
smartest
move I ever made. The Asrock is heads and shoulders above the Gigabyte, and
even
offers the option to boot in 7 seconds or less. I liked the Asrock so much
I bought a
second one and made another PC, using the AMD 6 core cpu. Fantatic board.

"Phat_Jethro" wrote in message
Thanks Ed

You kind of confirmed the was I was thinking. I had my eye on the Phenom
II X4 955 black as well.
Mother board of GA-770T-USB3... any issues with it having a slightly older
chipset? I am out of the loop on AMD chipsets so just asking.

Thx

On 12/13/2010 7:30 PM, Ed Light wrote:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...x4,2791-2.html

http://techreport.com/articles.x/19868

To the poster who says don't get ATI, I got a geforce 240GT and found
that I couldn't get the sharpening or dynamic contrast to work in flash
player 10.1 (in Win 7). Nor could I make profiles for different levels
of sharpness and choose them by right-clicking a tray icon. Went back to
ATI, and even the humble 4350 lets me do all that (it doesn't have the
dynamic contrast, being a very low-end part). The ATI drivers do have
strange anomalies and you have to test what settings such as brightness
really do and where (in Win 7, desktop gamma affects the video). If you
don't mess with brightness and get it all right at the monitor, then
that's not relevant.

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Jethro
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com