Refresh Rate stuck...

Old September 10th 04, 01:10 PM
Pipex

Default Refresh Rate stuck...

I've just installed a Radeon 9800 Pro... and I have a little refresh rate
problem.

Using the same monitor from my old machine, I previously ran the thing at
90Hz (Monitor reported it as 89Hz) in 1024x768 with an ATI Rage 128,
however, with my new machine (with the radeon) whatever I set the refresh
rate to be, it doesn't change. The computer acts like it had made the
change, and asks if it's ok, but looking at the monitor's information menu,
it's still at 60Hz. This son of a bitch is burning my eyes... can anybody
help me out?

I also looked at the 'force refresh rate' thing in the new catalyst control
panel, but it lists a maximum of 60Hz!

My monitor is a pro-view monitor, and didn't come with any drivers... I
think it's just a plug and play thing.

If this problem cannot be fixed easily, is there a program I can get that
forces the refresh rate to be higher?

Please Help! Thanks!

Old September 10th 04, 02:46 PM
PhxGrunge

First, you can get the all resolutions listed in control panel if you turn
off DCC detection in the Displays tab for your monitor.
Second, you can use the program MultiRes, Google for it.

Old September 10th 04, 05:47 PM
Cookie

This program sorted out all my refresh probs

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

HTH

Old September 10th 04, 07:11 PM
Pluvious

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:10:41 +0100, "Pipex"
wrote:

[...]

The new CCC panel hides this pretty well.. choose the advanced view,
then go to display manager, right click the monitor icon and select
the device properties, you'll then see the settings you want.

Pluvious

Old October 3rd 04, 04:26 AM
Kjetil Bjerknes

wrote:

[...]

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My eyes were about to pop, when I
finally found this message.

Wonder if the marketing guys at ATI ever used the CCC panel before
they wrote rubbish like: "incredibly intuitive interface...".

- KB
Old October 3rd 04, 06:25 PM
Pluvious

wrote:

[...]

Glad I was able to help.. I read driverheaven.com forums alot and when
this problem came up I took note. I also don't plan on using the new
CCC, I'll stick with the old one as long as I can.

Pluvious

Old October 4th 04, 01:10 PM
Tim

wrote:

[...]

Also, istalling the proper monitor.inf file for your brand of monitor
usually solves the problem too. Using a standard "Plug and PLay monitor"
inf file will limit your refresh rate.