Temperature display in Nvidia driver

Old January 11th 05, 06:05 PM
Quietman

Default Temperature display in Nvidia driver

Hi all,

I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question is
how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm trying
version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I can't find
anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card doesn't have
a sensor?

Cheers.

Old January 11th 05, 07:26 PM

Quietman wrote:
Hi all,

I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question is
how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm trying
version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I can't find
anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card doesn't have
a sensor?

Cheers.

At the bottom right of your system tray right click the NVIDIA SETTINGS
icon and choose NVIDIA display and this should popup the model of your
monitor so select this. Go to temperature settings...is this what you
needed?

Old January 12th 05, 08:40 AM
Nada

Quietman wrote:

Hi all,

I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question is
how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm trying
version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I can't find
anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card doesn't have
a sensor?

Cheers.

Very likely. A BIOS update might get it done.

Old January 12th 05, 11:49 AM
John Smithe

"Richard Dower" wrote in
:

You need coolbits, reg entry.

www.guru3d.com

"Quietman" quietman1968 at hotmail dot com wrote in message
Hi all,

I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question
is how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm
trying version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I
can't find anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card
doesn't have a sensor?

Cheers.

Coolbits has been superceded by NVTweak. Get NVTweak he

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvtweak/
Old January 12th 05, 03:54 PM
Quietman

Thanks.

No it wasn't, I know where the information should be, but there is no
temperature options.

Old January 12th 05, 03:55 PM
Quietman

Thanks.

Tried this already, but still no temperature options.

"John Smithe" wrote in message
. 1...
"Richard Dower" wrote in
:

Old January 12th 05, 03:56 PM
Quietman

Thanks.

Club-3D (www.club-3d.com) doesn't do any BIOS updates because of the risks
involved.

Old January 13th 05, 10:42 PM
John Muir

Use rivatuner to give you the temp.

Gives lots of info voltages, speed of gpu + mem , ambient temp etc..

Old January 15th 05, 01:18 AM
dvus

Quietman wrote:

Thanks.

Tried this already, but still no temperature options.

About the only thing that'll give me temp readings on my Asus V9999 is
"SmartDoctor", an overclocking utility from Asus. Unfortunately, in order to
use all it's features I'd have to run Asus enhanced drivers and they're back
in the 62.xx range. I can still run it to get temp readings, though.

--
dvus