Adobe Premiere and 6600 GT?

Old November 29th 04, 03:38 PM
Robert Oschler

Default Adobe Premiere and 6600 GT?

I have a 6600 GT (8 x AGP). I have two questions:

1) Do video editing software packages make use of the processing power of a
graphics card like the 6600 GT? Or are the rendering facilities of a
graphics card of no use to the 6600 GT? Said differently, can I expect a
significant boost in Premiere's rendering speed or not?

2) The 6600 GT card say it comes with an on-board video encoder. Can the
6600 GT capture video from a handheld video recorder, if the recorder has
S-video output?

Thanks.

Old November 29th 04, 05:00 PM
Mirek Fídler

I have a 6600 GT (8 x AGP). I have two questions:

Happy guy

1) Do video editing software packages make use of the processing power of
graphics card like the 6600 GT?

No.

Said differently, can I expect a
significant boost in Premiere's rendering speed or not?

Not.

2) The 6600 GT card say it comes with an on-board video encoder. Can the
6600 GT capture video from a handheld video recorder, if the recorder has
S-video output?

Only if it has video input (VIVO version).

Mirek

Old November 29th 04, 05:48 PM
Robert Oschler

"Mirek Fídler" wrote in message
I have a 6600 GT (8 x AGP). I have two questions:

2) The 6600 GT card say it comes with an on-board video encoder. Can

the
6600 GT capture video from a handheld video recorder, if the recorder

has
S-video output?

Only if it has video input (VIVO version).

Mirek

Mirek,

How can I tell if it has the VIVO version? The manuals are combo manuals
for the several different boards and are confusing. The picture for the
6600 card shows an S-video connector between two DVI connectors which matchs
my layout, but it says VIVO optional next to it. So I can't tell if that
means the port is optional, which in that case would mean I do have VIVO
functionality because I do have an S-video port, or that the VIVO
functionality *for* that port is optional and that I may not have it.

I have the SandraSoft diagnostic utilities. Is there anything I can look
for in either the Video information report or the DirectX report that would
tell me whether or not VIVO functionality is detected?

Thanks.

Old November 29th 04, 06:54 PM
Ian

How can I tell if it has the VIVO version? The manuals are combo manuals
for the several different boards and are confusing. The picture for the
6600 card shows an S-video connector between two DVI connectors which
matchs
my layout, but it says VIVO optional next to it. So I can't tell if that
means the port is optional, which in that case would mean I do have VIVO
functionality because I do have an S-video port, or that the VIVO
functionality *for* that port is optional and that I may not have it.

I have the SandraSoft diagnostic utilities. Is there anything I can look
for in either the Video information report or the DirectX report that
would
tell me whether or not VIVO functionality is detected?

Thanks.

Hi Robert,

Which brand of 6600 do you have ?
Usually VIVO models have 'VIVO' in the model number.
Tell us the brand and model number and we can probably tell you if its VIVO

cheers

Ian

Old November 29th 04, 06:58 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Robert Oschler wrote:

[...]

If you have VIVO, you'll have splitter/dongle which plugs into the DIN
plug on the card. This splitter will give you S-Video/composite in/out.
If the plug on yer card is directly an S-Video, 'tis a TV out only.
Old November 30th 04, 01:22 AM
Ed Light

Not knowing much about it, I thought that the card will do hardware encoding
and decoding of videos, but the right drivers and maybe something extra have
to be installed.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old December 1st 04, 12:13 AM
CapFusion

"Robert Oschler" wrote in message
[...]

Your DIN should have 9pins for ViVo. The dongle cable should have 4
[2SVideo(in/out) / 2 Composite(in/out)] head that should be included with
the package.

Your card should have a manufacturer model label that would indicate on it.
Check out the model, you then can find what spec. / feature your card
available.

CapFusion,...