6600 agp or 9800 pro?

Old November 22nd 04, 04:22 PM
Anthony

Default 6600 agp or 9800 pro?

My video card is about to die I have a feeling so in a week I will need a
new video card. Which should I go for the 6600 or the 9800 pro? Going by
price and bang for the buc k seems the 9800 pro is the best deal for needing
a card ASAP but the 6600 agp that came out a week ago is starting to drop in
price so I dunno anyone got any ideas on the price of the 6600 next week?

Anthony

Old November 22nd 04, 04:51 PM
sp

from what i've read on it the 6600 is more powerful than the 9800 pro. the
9800 pro is a good card and can just about beat my 5900xt with ease. and the
6600 can beat mine in everything.

so go for a 6600agp or if u can afford it a 6800 standard or GT

sp

Old November 22nd 04, 06:05 PM
LymanAlpha

On 11/22/2004 8:22 AM Anthony brightened our day with:

My video card is about to die I have a feeling so in a week I will need a
new video card. Which should I go for the 6600 or the 9800 pro? Going by
price and bang for the buc k seems the 9800 pro is the best deal for needing
a card ASAP but the 6600 agp that came out a week ago is starting to drop in
price so I dunno anyone got any ideas on the price of the 6600 next week?

Anthony

I have a 9800 Pro and would almost consider buying a 6600 GT AGP as an
upgrade. But not quite. If I could get someone to buy mine for $150
I'd buy a 6600 GT.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Old November 22nd 04, 06:35 PM
Conor

In article Hmood.1724$3I.1088@okepread01, Anthony says...
My video card is about to die I have a feeling so in a week I will need a
new video card. Which should I go for the 6600 or the 9800 pro? Going by
price and bang for the buc k seems the 9800 pro is the best deal for needing
a card ASAP but the 6600 agp that came out a week ago is starting to drop in
price so I dunno anyone got any ideas on the price of the 6600 next week?

6600GT beats 9800 Pro.

--
Conor

Normality will be restored once we work out what normality actually is.
Old November 22nd 04, 06:37 PM
Anthony

Yeah beazts but price wise the 9800 pro is a better value. And u can get a
9800 pro on line for 135 bucks

Anthony

. ..

Old November 22nd 04, 06:55 PM
LymanAlpha

On 11/22/2004 10:37 AM Anthony brightened our day with:

Yeah beazts but price wise the 9800 pro is a better value. And u can get a
9800 pro on line for 135 bucks

Anthony

Be careful, some of those cheap 9800 Pros are 128 bit cards that are a
complete rip-off. 256 bit "true" 9800 Pros cost more money.

Hmm, I just looked up some prices and found what's probably your $139
9800 Pro, that's a Sapphire Atlantis, which is a 128 bit card. Which
only suckers buy.

In case you're unfamiliar with the terminology I'm taking about the
memory bandwidth, 256 bit is far superior to 128 bit. I'm not talking
about memory size 256 Megaytes is not that superior to 128 Mb.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Old November 22nd 04, 07:26 PM
Anthony

saw some 256 bit ones for 145 retail online as well still cheaper but I got
a week and a half to decide by then i am hoping the 6600 gt agp is down to
the level it should be and more brands are out

m...

Old November 22nd 04, 07:28 PM
Anthony

http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/Prod...=VC-POWERC-029

195.00 cheaper then the 6600 agp right now but still gonna wait a week and a
half and see what happens in the video card market

Old November 22nd 04, 07:58 PM
Pete D

This really depends on what CPU you have in your PC? If your CPU is a
bottleneck then you are wasting your money getting a faster card unless you
plan to upgrade the rest of your PC.

Old November 22nd 04, 09:56 PM
LymanAlpha

On 11/22/2004 11:28 AM Anthony brightened our day with:

http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/Prod...=VC-POWERC-029

195.00 cheaper then the 6600 agp right now but still gonna wait a week and a
half and see what happens in the video card market.

Here's the 660 GT for $225. I think it's worth the extra $30.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...150-080&depa=1

Wait until the Xmas and after Xmas sales start.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com