Dual Monitor.. want the same display. Go5200

Old September 3rd 04, 03:09 PM
Muffinman

Default Dual Monitor.. want the same display. Go5200

Hi,

I've got a Dell Notebook with the NVidia GeForce FX Go5200.
I am tryin to set up my computer for a presentation with OpenOffice. Now
the problem is when I run that it will run it on my notebook's screen. I
need it to run it on the second one.. Isn't it possible to have the
same image on both screens, or any other solution to my specific
problem? I downloaded the newest drivers from the website... and I run
Windows XP Home.

Thanks in advance, Maarten

Old September 3rd 04, 03:36 PM
Pocahontas

I've had the same problem (Beamer).
You may try Display properties, Settings, Advanced.
In one of the appearing tabs you might find a setting, where you can
activate both displays at the same time.
However it is not sure that this works. But its worth a try

Old September 3rd 04, 04:26 PM
Pocahontas

I RTFM. But what do u do, if it works only once in a while with 2 Displays
and HP said, its a known issue, but we have no solution yet?

Old September 3rd 04, 05:35 PM
llamaboiz

oh well, shoulda got a sony/toshiba/nec first... always, ALWAYS buy japanese
when you can... if not, blame your IT dept.

Old September 3rd 04, 06:11 PM
Time Waster

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:26:29 +0200, wrote:
I RTFM. But what do u do, if it works only once in a while with 2 Displays
and HP said, its a known issue, but we have no solution yet?

Don't listen to clueless lamas with cryptic posts and stupid names
that recommend jap junk....but he's right about HP crap, no one should
be touching them since the bitch took over.

Your answer is to present with a different machine, or learn about
presentations. Presentations are about YOU and YOUR MESSAGE, not some
crap on the wall. The listeners should be looking at you, not some
stupid colored cartoons.

Old September 3rd 04, 07:12 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

I've never seen an nVidia based laptop. Have you tried enabling clone
mode from the nVidia display settings applet? You should be able to
enable and disable this at will or am I missing the point?

Old September 3rd 04, 10:09 PM
llamaboiz

Don't listen to ignorant lollygagers with unfathomable advise and
unimaginable names that have nothing to recomend cept to flame the previous
poster... but he is right about the 'presentation' bit, unless of course
your supposed to show a quartly loss statement...

Right click on your desktop and choose:
proporties/settings/advanced/Go5200/nview display mode
From there try clone and see if it works if not standard (dualview)

. ..

Old September 4th 04, 12:00 AM
Keith W

I use nVidia on a desktop, running two displays. It is possible to run
either two identical screens, or and extended desktop. nVidia is not clear
as to how to set it up, and it took me a long time to get the monitors
working as I wanted them (and even longer to re-establish the settings after
downloading a driver upgrade!), but I would assume that the controls are
there somewhere in the desktop manager.

Keith

Old September 4th 04, 01:02 AM
Muffinman

Your answer is to present with a different machine, or learn about
presentations. Presentations are about YOU and YOUR MESSAGE, not some
crap on the wall. The listeners should be looking at you, not some
stupid colored cartoons.

Yes but well, if yo need to do it for school... and it's the assignment
you ain't doing much about it..

Maarten