ATI Radeon 9600EZ PRO?

Old January 17th 04, 06:46 PM
Bobby

Default ATI Radeon 9600EZ PRO?

Can anyone comment on this card please? I'm thinking of buying it (rather
than an FX5600XT).

Cheers.

Bobby

Old January 17th 04, 07:52 PM
Cannonfodder

"Bobby" wrote in message
Can anyone comment on this card please? I'm thinking of buying it (rather
than an FX5600XT).

Cheers.

Bobby

Hi m8,

I had one of these cards (PowerColor 9600pro EZ 256mb) and found it to be OK
for most games. I got the chance to upgrade to a Sapphire 9600XT 128mb, if
you can afford it go for this one, the difference is very noticeable
especially in games like Halo.

3dmark 03 score for the EZ = 2611 against 3846 for the XT

System
MSI K7N2 Delta
AMD 2500+ Barton
512 mb (running single channel)
Sapphire 9600XT 128mb

Steve

---
Outgoing mail is free from nasty things that can make your computer go all
wibbly.

Old January 17th 04, 10:22 PM
Joshua

I almost got the Radeon 9600 Pro EZ, but after I read some reviews, I
decided against it and bought the 9600xt. The reason is that the memory on
the EZ models is considerably slower. It runs at 2 * 200mhz (effectively
making it 400mhz memory), where the regular pro and xt versions run at 2 *
300 (which makes it effectively 600 mhz memory). On video cards memory speed
is important. However, I have not had any first hand experience with the
9600EZ or the fx5600xt so i cannot judge the performance on either.

-Josh

Old January 17th 04, 11:30 PM
dino

definitely get the 9600XT..I have one and love it...way better than my old
FX5600-256.