GeForce 4 Ti 4600 Vs FX 5200

Old November 23rd 03, 10:53 PM
Mark H

Default GeForce 4 Ti 4600 Vs FX 5200

Hi all.
I have purchased an Asus GeForce FX 5200 card with 128Mb memory. I will
either put it into an Athlon 2600+ system with 512Mb RAM etc or a Athlon 64
3200+ system with 1GB RAM etc.I also have a Asus GeForce Ti 4600 cardwith
128Mb memory.
Which is the quicker video card so I know which will give me the best gaming
performance for the latest games.? I know that these cards are not really
high end any more.
Any info would be appreciated.
Mark

Old November 24th 03, 02:31 AM
Darthy

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:53:30 +1100, "Mark H"
wrote:

Hi all.
I have purchased an Asus GeForce FX 5200 card with 128Mb memory. I will
either put it into an Athlon 2600+ system with 512Mb RAM etc or a Athlon 64
3200+ system with 1GB RAM etc.I also have a Asus GeForce Ti 4600 cardwith
128Mb memory.
Which is the quicker video card so I know which will give me the best gaming
performance for the latest games.? I know that these cards are not really
high end any more.
Any info would be appreciated.
Mark

Uh... the 5200 is a Piece of junk gaming card, it's half the
performance of a Ti4200... which you could have bought for $75.

So stick with your Ti4600.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old November 24th 03, 11:08 PM
Rainee Durl

wrote:

Hi all.
I have purchased an Asus GeForce FX 5200 card with 128Mb memory. I will
either put it into an Athlon 2600+ system with 512Mb RAM etc or a Athlon 64
3200+ system with 1GB RAM etc.I also have a Asus GeForce Ti 4600 cardwith
128Mb memory.
Which is the quicker video card so I know which will give me the best gaming
performance for the latest games.? I know that these cards are not really
high end any more.
Any info would be appreciated.
Mark

Uh... the 5200 is a Piece of junk gaming card, it's half the
performance of a Ti4200... which you could have bought for $75.

Prove it dude,

I have seen other benchmarks and posts that make your claim utter BS!

So stick with your Ti4600.

Old November 24th 03, 11:45 PM
stanmc

Mark H wrote:
Hi all.
I have purchased an Asus GeForce FX 5200 card with 128Mb memory. I will
either put it into an Athlon 2600+ system with 512Mb RAM etc or a Athlon 64
3200+ system with 1GB RAM etc.I also have a Asus GeForce Ti 4600 cardwith
128Mb memory.
Which is the quicker video card so I know which will give me the best gaming
performance for the latest games.? I know that these cards are not really
high end any more.
Any info would be appreciated.
Mark

Running an ASUS a7n8x dlx with 512MB RAM, 333MHz FSB Barton 2500 at 2.08
Ghz with Asus VideoSuite 9520 (FX5200) 128MB/128 bit.

3dMark03 330 score 1450 3dMarks and with 340 patch 1203 3dMarks.

This board is not a screamer. However, it is very stable and it plays my
opengl stuff very well. Haven't tried any DirectX9 programs yet.

Old November 25th 03, 03:23 AM

wrote:

Hi all.
I have purchased an Asus GeForce FX 5200 card with 128Mb memory. I will
either put it into an Athlon 2600+ system with 512Mb RAM etc or a Athlon 64
3200+ system with 1GB RAM etc.I also have a Asus GeForce Ti 4600 cardwith
128Mb memory.
Which is the quicker video card so I know which will give me the best gaming
performance for the latest games.? I know that these cards are not really
high end any more.
Any info would be appreciated.
Mark

Uh... the 5200 is a Piece of junk gaming card, it's half the
performance of a Ti4200... which you could have bought for $75.

Prove it dude,

I have seen other benchmarks and posts that make your claim utter BS!

So stick with your Ti4600.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1797&p=7

Here's Anandtech pittng the 4200 and other cards with a 5200 Ultra.
Except with AA and AF (that my opinion are too taxing to use with
these cards anyway) the 5200U get trounced. A 4600 against a
plain 5200 would be even worse.

Joe
Old November 25th 03, 08:16 AM
Slash

On 24 Nov 2003 21:23:06 -0600, scribbled:

Uh... the 5200 is a Piece of junk gaming card, it's half the
performance of a Ti4200... which you could have bought for $75.

Prove it dude,

I have seen other benchmarks and posts that make your claim utter BS!

So stick with your Ti4600.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1797&p=7

Here's Anandtech pittng the 4200 and other cards with a 5200 Ultra.
Except with AA and AF (that my opinion are too taxing to use with
these cards anyway) the 5200U get trounced. A 4600 against a
plain 5200 would be even worse.

Joe

A trouncing that you can see more of, here (among many, many places):
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...f_duty_nvidia/

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"
-The Onion
Old November 25th 03, 09:27 AM
Darthy

wrote:
Uh... the 5200 is a Piece of junk gaming card, it's half the
performance of a Ti4200... which you could have bought for $75.

Prove it dude,

I have seen other benchmarks and posts that make your claim utter BS!

Uh... which one? As others have posted before I got here... You are
dead wrong. Its COMMON KNOWELGE to the educated that the 5600, much
less ANY 5200 is SLOWER than the Ti4200... which is about 30% slower
than the Ti4600.

The 5200 IS better at AA-AF than the Ti4200, but this only makes the
card SLOWER than it already is.

When I played games with my Ti4200, my AA-AF was OFF... on my
ATI9800Pro, I have AA on and play games with MAX details.

So you only made yourself look like a fool...

go to www.anandtech.com / www.tomshardware.com and ANY other
reputable site. I've seen some half-ass sites.

Here's an end-user page, but the model type is wrong for the 5900, but
he posted his results : http://ap.terrabox.com/rpc/fx