GeForce FX 5200 - refresh rate 60 Hz

Old August 30th 03, 09:58 PM
Joachim

Default GeForce FX 5200 - refresh rate 60 Hz

Hello,

Even if I'm pleased with the quality, I wonder why my refresh rate is
limited to 60 Hz at the moment (brand new computer, "old" monitor). With
another graphic card (and an analog connection), I could at least use 72 Hz.
My spec:

Graphicc.: GeForce FX 5200 128 MB (latest NVIDIA 45.23 driver installed)
Monitor: Samsung 17" TFT (inf-files installed, using DVI, 1280 x 1024)
OS: WinXP SP1

I doubt that this has anything to do with the monitor drivers (the same as I
used before). Maybe this has to do with:

1. That I use digital connection, not analog as I used to do?
2. That NVIDIA:s drivers, for some reason, won't allow more than 60 Hz -
simply as that.

As I said, the ain't no problems with the picture, but I would be pleased to
know why I can't select a higher resolution (recommended setting from
Samsung is 75 Hz).

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Joachim

Old August 31st 03, 12:14 AM
Jez IAnson

Hi
XP is limited to 60 Mhz refresh rate i think,
I installed Refresh Force 1.1 which allows you to choose the refresh
rate,you have run it each time you reinstall graphic card drivers.
hope this helps

Old August 31st 03, 12:31 AM
CeeBee

"Jez IAnson" wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

Hi
XP is limited to 60 Mhz refresh rate i think,

Certainly not. With XP my monitor refresh rate is 85Hz.
It's clear he should look for an updated .inf-file for his monitor as
that's what he need to set higher refresh rates. The old must be obsolete.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 31st 03, 12:54 AM
MoHo

You might want to try this: http://www.voodoofiles.com/6814

Old August 31st 03, 06:31 PM
Joachim

Thanks for all the input...

To those of you that has a similiar "problem": It depends on the digital
connection; going back to analog allowed me to adjust the refresh rate just
as normal (but using digital connection gaved me a superior picture quality,
so I'll settle there after all).

Old August 31st 03, 07:15 PM

The refresh rate is held back in Open GL games to 60 hertz unless you are
using a free graphics tool to overcome this, even with SP1 and Direct X 9.0
installed. However, if you have both Direct X 9.0 installed as well as SP1
this problem should go away in Windows and Direct X games except when
running Open GL games.

regards

Old August 31st 03, 10:15 PM
ho alexandre

Joachim wrote:
Graphicc.: GeForce FX 5200 128 MB (latest NVIDIA 45.23 driver installed)
Monitor: Samsung 17" TFT (inf-files installed, using DVI, 1280 x 1024)
OS: WinXP SP1

with TFT/LCD monitors you don't need more than 60Hz, it is not the same
scale as for CRT.

iirc, DVI is dedicated to TFT/LCD so it is no surprise ?

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/