120 C degrees for a Geforce FX 5200!

Old August 23rd 03, 12:23 AM
John Kavanagh

Default 120 C degrees for a Geforce FX 5200!

I've just purchased a MSI Geforce FX 5200 128MB but things not going good,
during 3dMARK2001 and 3D games, a message dialog box comes up with stuff
like the following:

***MSI VGA Monitor Warning Message***

Temperatuer is unusual
Now temperatuer is : 63 Degree C
I even got 120 Degrees at one point! I now have the coer off and it still
looks pretty cool in there, a big case, nothing blocking airflow or
anything.

In 2D it seems fine, and using MSI Turbo Experience (in 2D cause it don't
display in 3D) it reports a fan speed of 1622 RPM and a temp of always
between 49C and 51C which seems ok. But on the back of the box it says it
should be 300 RPM and 6000 RPM for 3D games, but when I run those I hear no
difference.

Anybody can help me with this problem?

Also, is there better software that can give me correct reports of temp and
fan RPM, and better still, that can record readings over time and also
alerts me when things get hot?

I need help, please! Don't want to fry my computer!

Thanks,
John

CPC Oxygen
The number one online magazine for the Amstrad CPC
http://www.cpcoxygen.net

Old August 23rd 03, 01:12 AM
John Kavanagh

UPDATE:

Sorry, I meant to say 3000 RPM, not 300.

Also, I left MSI 3D Turbo running and it reported 49 to 50 degress, but just
now when loading up Outlook Express it reported a temp of 128 Degress C just
a for a split second! and another time at 0 Degrees. Now it not possible for
these temps to come up for a second, is it? All this happen when the CPU was
under stress, but not the graphics surely!

John

Old August 23rd 03, 01:59 AM
The Robot

It is sometimes possible for your card to get very hot.

This is due to heat.

Old August 23rd 03, 02:35 AM
John Kavanagh

"The Robot" wrote in message
It is sometimes possible for your card to get very hot.

This is due to heat.

Ah, so it's heat that what make things hot! wow! lol

Old August 23rd 03, 03:20 AM
John Lewis

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:59:06 +0100, "The Robot" wrote:

It is sometimes possible for your card to get very hot.

This is due to heat.

Speaking in Robot-ese, of course...............
Robot AI still seems to have a long way to go........

John Lewis

Old August 24th 03, 11:01 AM
The Robot

I have done a lot of experiments and found that the temperature only rises
when there is more heat.

Unless you can disprove my theory, I suggest you quiet down.

Old August 26th 03, 09:17 AM
Nada

"John Kavanagh" wrote:
"The Robot" wrote:
It is sometimes possible for your card to get very hot.

This is due to heat.

Ah, so it's heat that what make things hot! wow! lol

That's how we Nvidia nerds have a sauna.