Do I need a new power supply? read...

Old August 15th 03, 10:13 PM
Bjorn

Default Do I need a new power supply? read...

Yes, I think so, get a 400 watt supply if you want to drive with the
GeforceFX5600 card. It demands much power, and plus the CPU.

"jean-françois frappier" skrev i meddelandet
Hi,
First I have a 300 W power supply on a PC Systemboard motherboard with

SiS 645 rev 0 chipset.My cpu is 1.7 GHz with 300 FSB.
I have a 512 Meg of ECC ram.I used to have a GeForce 4 MX 440 with 128 ddr
ram.
The problem is that monday I bought a Asus GeForce FX 5600 and installed

it
with ALL the LATEST drivers.I even upgrade my BIOS and AGP drivers.
And each time I started a game like Quake 3 or unreal tournament 2003; the
computer REBOOT!!!
So I disable hardware acceleration so I can use my comp to browse the
internet and things like that but I cannot run anything with openGL or
Direct3D.
And even sometimes after I log on windows (XP pro up-to-date), when my
antivirus boot on start-up(Viruscan 7.0) the computer reboot(about 5% of

the
time or less).
And I must tell you that I didnt have any one of these problems before.
Dont hesitate to comment..

P.S. I did contact Asus technical support and they told me that the

problem
must that my AGP drivers werent up-to-date (they are)

Jean-François Frappier

intel SE7210TP1-E - eps power supply problem - won't boot dnt Homebuilt PC's 0 December 2nd 04 07:01 PM
power supply, or ...? ynotssor General 10 June 1st 04 01:19 AM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking 333 November 27th 03 07:54 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia Videocards 336 November 27th 03 07:54 PM