45.20 question

Old August 4th 03, 10:04 AM
Mario Kadastik

Default 45.20 question

Hello,

I was forced to use 45.20 drivers to get FS2004 working, but with the
45.20 drivers came some unexpected stuff as well.

Namely I use ProgDVB to watch satellite TV and I'm now having just black
screen where I used to have picture. When I rapidly switch between full
screen and windowed mode, then I can get glimpses of the channel I want
to watch. When I then switch from hardware mode (decoding with SkyStar-1
card) to software mode then I can see the channel. But when I switch
channel, then the picture is black and I can't get it back no matter what.

I have tried different versions of ProgDVB (latest 4.23 is my default)
and no help what so ever.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (This behaviour is new as it
wasn't there with 43.45, 44.03, 44.67, 44.71, 44.90. Only with 45.20)

Mario

PS! Hardwa

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
Asus A7V333
Kingston PC2700 memory (768MB)
SkyStar-1 card
Asus V9520/Magic/T card (128MB)
DirectX 9.0b
Windows XP+SP1
nVidia Detonator beta 45.20 from Guru3D

Old August 4th 03, 04:10 PM
Steve Simpson

My suggestion is to unload the WDM and reload the latest.

Out of curiosity, what satellite company are you using?

I would love to find a card that can decode DirecTV . . . anyone know of one?

Old August 4th 03, 05:58 PM
Mario Kadastik

Hello,

WDM???

regarding the satellite company - I'm from Europe (just said that cooz
it seems most of you are not and I have just let some guys install me
3 satellite dishes and use SkyStar1 to view what's available

Mario

Old August 5th 03, 03:45 AM
Steve Simpson

WDM???

http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_win...98se_1.22.html

The WDM drivers are involved in anything video related . . . like TV (or presumably satellite)
tuners.

Uninstall from the control panel, reboot and reinstall . . then reboot again.

WDM should always be installed AFTER the card driver and BEFORE software that uses WDM.

Once WDM is installed, sometimes you get away with a driver update and sometimes not.

Old August 6th 03, 08:40 AM
Mario Kadastik

J.Clarke wrote:
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:49:37 -0400
"" wrote:

It seems that Europe has a little bit more choices for SatTV than US,
whatabout around 100 different sattelites to hook on. DireectTV and
DishNet on the other side in US.. Hahahh

Those are the commercial digital direct broadcase satellite companies.
If you want to use a big dish instead of a little one then there are far
more satellites accessible and no charge.

Now, with those "100 different satellites" do you get 100,000 different
channels or the same 500 or so repeated 100 times? If the latter then
what's the benefit?

Well they overlap somewhat (say 10% or so) so you get a lot more
channels. I have currently 3 satellite dishes and about 1450 channels. I
can't see all of them ofcourse as some are encrypted with software I
can't decode, but the list is quite comprehensive so I practically don't
watch local channels for anything but local news.

Mario