GF FX 5600 Ultra in exchange for GF4 4600

Old August 5th 03, 01:29 AM
A.C.

Default GF FX 5600 Ultra in exchange for GF4 4600

"Marco Gotthardt" wrote in message
I had to return my Geforce 4 TI 4600 Graphic Card to my Reseller
because it had an error, now they told me that the card got lost
while sending it to the distributer, now they offer me a GF FX 5600 Ultra
in exchange for this, is this a good exchange or should I tell them to get
me
a GF4 TI 4600 back ?

How is the performance difference ?

Please help me to decide !

Yep, the 5600 ultra edges out a Ti4600 I think (the flip chip version at
least), though just barely (though the difference is greater in AA mode).
The important thing is to see how much your retailer charges for the 5600
ultra as opposed to the 4600; I wouldn't let them weasel out of the
difference if the 5600 is cheaper.

Old August 5th 03, 08:12 AM
Marco Gotthardt

I paid 239 Euro about 8 month ago, now it isn`t available
anymore so I cannot compare its price at the moment with
the costs of 199 Euro of the FX5600 Ultra. But if the
performance is comparable i think its a good deal, right !?!

DarK RaideR

Old August 5th 03, 12:00 PM
Anders Albrechtsen

"Marco Gotthardt" wrote in message
I had to return my Geforce 4 TI 4600 Graphic Card to my Reseller
because it had an error, now they told me that the card got lost
while sending it to the distributer, now they offer me a GF FX 5600 Ultra
in exchange for this, is this a good exchange or should I tell them to get
me
a GF4 TI 4600 back ?

How is the performance difference ?

The GFX 5600U just barely edges out the GF 4600 ins DirectX 8 apps and
OpenGL. However in DirectX 9 apps (GunMetal, HL2, Doom3 etc.) the GFX5600U
is faster. Make sure you get the revision 2 which is clocked higher (400/800
I think).
---
Anders

Old August 5th 03, 02:57 PM
A.C.

"Marco Gotthardt" wrote in message ...
I paid 239 Euro about 8 month ago, now it isn`t available
anymore so I cannot compare its price at the moment with
the costs of 199 Euro of the FX5600 Ultra. But if the
performance is comparable i think its a good deal, right !?!

Ohhh, I thought you just bought the Ti4600, and were returning it.
Getting a new 5600 ultra in exchange for an 8-month old Ti4600 is
definitely worth it in my opinion. Just keep in mind that my
judgement is based on what I've seen on benchmark sites; I'm still
shopping around for a new card myself so I have no firsthand
knowledge.
Old August 5th 03, 11:45 PM
Marco Gotthardt

Okay, thanks for the Info, I will inform myself about
which Revision the card has !

DarK RaideR

k...