PNY Ti4200 says 128mb, not 64mb

Old July 16th 03, 02:07 PM
Martin Eriksson

Default PNY Ti4200 says 128mb, not 64mb

"RJ" wrote in message
Well add me to the list. My new PNY board out of the box upon installation
shows as having 128mb memory and not the 64 as its box says. Nothing on

the
card that I see which says its 128 either. Can achieve only 9150 on

3dDMark
2001SE w/ P4 2.53 and 1Gig ram.

Well good for you. The memory amount does not do much for 3DMark (either on
gfx card or mainboard). It allows you to have sharper/bigger textures
though.

I guess 9150 3DMarks is ok for a non-overclocked Ti4200. I get 9500 but then
I've overclocked both my FSB/AGP bus (by a few %) and the card is clocked at
266/566 (from default 250/513). I have a Leadtek Ti4200 with 64MB coupled
with an Athlon XP 2100+.

/M

Old July 16th 03, 09:09 PM
R&C

If you are using Intel Application Accelerator, that's the culprit. It
isn't doing any harm though, just showing the wrong amount of video RAM.

Old July 17th 03, 11:56 PM
Slipstream3D

Intel Application Accelerator is the Intel chipset drivers for Intel-based
mainboards. Kinda like the VIA Hyperion 4-in-1 drivers, but for Intel
boards.

"RJ" wrote in message
No I'm not using it knowingly. Actually I don't know what it is. Is it

like
NetBooster or something? I never installed it as far as I know. I saw
recently other people here report their buying PNY 64mb cards which show

as
128's when installed.. I thought perhaps I got one too. Suppose I could
contact PNY and ask about it.......
.. .