Geforce 4 TI 4200 128mb s-video w/ Sony 36 Wega HD

Old July 17th 03, 01:24 PM
John Constable

Default Geforce 4 TI 4200 128mb s-video w/ Sony 36 Wega HD

I'll be interested to hear the replies to this. I too have a widescreen Sony
Wega and for an expensive TV its got some basic flaws I can't sort out.

The two main ones are the colours smearing on movement (switching 100Hz on
and off doesn't make any difference) and the 4:3 image is slightly cropped
too much on the LHS and squished a little too much horizontally leaving me
with a 3.5:3 picture and slight 'thin' people.

Access to an engineering menu would be a help but the handbook gives no
clues.

"Brian" wrote in message
How can I determine the best resolution to get the best picture? Also, how
can I manually set the resolution and refresh rates of my video card,

and/or
how can I find out what my TV can support by way of resolution and refresh
rates?

Thanks,

Brian

Old July 17th 03, 05:21 PM
Keith Clark

Brian wrote:

How can I determine the best resolution to get the best picture? Also, how
can I manually set the resolution and refresh rates of my video card, and/or
how can I find out what my TV can support by way of resolution and refresh
rates?

Thanks,

Brian

With NTSC you're very limited.

Broadcast NTSC TV is 720x480. If you're very lucky you *might* be able to get a
good picture at 800x600 resolution, but most likely you will be forced to use
640x480 when feeding a TV set.

Keith

Old July 18th 03, 04:12 AM

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:45:02 -0400, "Brian" wrote:

How can I determine the best resolution to get the best picture? Also, how
can I manually set the resolution and refresh rates of my video card, and/or
how can I find out what my TV can support by way of resolution and refresh
rates?

Thanks,

Brian

On my 36 inch Wega I use 1024x768 with a GF4 4200. The video in
gameplay is excellent, small text on the other hand still leaves a
little something to be desired. I get about a 1/2 inch border on all
sides but that doesn't really bother me. It's not going to be
anywhere near as nice as a good monitor no matter what you do,
but if you're just going to game on it it works great BTW I use
the 30.82 drivers, they're still the best I've found.

Joe.