yellowish screen

Old July 9th 03, 10:04 AM
Maan Bsat

Default yellowish screen

Hi,

I have a Dell system with a Geforce3 Ti 500 card, and it still has the
drivers that came with it a year and a half ago. I tried to upgrade to
the latest driver I could find (44.03), and on reboot I get a screen
that's very yellowish. The screen is a Dell 1702FP flat panel connected
by DVI. I tried going to 16 bits colors or reducing the resolution, but
it didn't solve anything. As soon as I rollback to the old driver
however, it works fine. Anybody know what might be causing this? Thanks,

Maan

Old July 9th 03, 12:34 PM
Gary Quiring

I have a Dell system with a Geforce3 Ti 500 card, and it still has the
drivers that came with it a year and a half ago. I tried to upgrade to
the latest driver I could find (44.03), and on reboot I get a screen
that's very yellowish. The screen is a Dell 1702FP flat panel connected
by DVI. I tried going to 16 bits colors or reducing the resolution, but
it didn't solve anything. As soon as I rollback to the old driver
however, it works fine. Anybody know what might be causing this? Thanks,

It's your Geforce BIOS that is at fault. I had the exact same problem
with a Geforce 3 Ti200 and Geforce 4 4400 with a Dell 1702FP and
1900FP. I flash upgraded my BIOS on both cards and the 'yellow tint'
is gone.

Try doing a google search for Nvidia BIOS. Here is a link to a site
that is down right now. I don't know if it's coming back or not:

http://bunny.xs4all.nl/hardware/vid_nvidia.html

Gary Quiring

Old July 9th 03, 11:44 PM
Shawk

"Maan Bsat" wrote in message
Thanks a LOT! That did it...

Maan

Gary Quiring wrote:
[...]

Can I ask what site you got the bios update from?

many thanks, Shawk

Old July 10th 03, 06:24 AM
tq96

It's your Geforce BIOS that is at fault. I had the exact same problem
with a Geforce 3 Ti200 and Geforce 4 4400 with a Dell 1702FP and
1900FP. I flash upgraded my BIOS on both cards and the 'yellow tint'
is gone.

What was the version of the BIOS that your card originally had?
Old July 10th 03, 12:40 PM
Gary Quiring

On 10 Jul 2003 00:24:12 -0500, tq96 wrote:

It's your Geforce BIOS that is at fault. I had the exact same problem
with a Geforce 3 Ti200 and Geforce 4 4400 with a Dell 1702FP and
1900FP. I flash upgraded my BIOS on both cards and the 'yellow tint'
is gone.

What was the version of the BIOS that your card originally had?

My Geforce 3 had 3.20.00.16.23. I did not write down what version my
Geforce 4 card had.

Gary Quiring