problem with nvidia gforce4 ti4200

Old July 6th 03, 02:52 PM

Default problem with nvidia gforce4 ti4200

Can you boot into the safe mode or VGA mode? If you can not you may not have
sufficient power supply wattage for the card.

regards

"laredo" wrote in message
Hello,
i have a kt-7a raid, with the latest bios. Now i buy a msi gforce4

ti4200,
and when i install it, i can not boot, when the system is starting up,
windows 2000 sp3, after i log in, system reboot. I try to remove all pci
card on the mother board, i try to load the failsafe values bios, i try to
boot in vga mode, but in all cases problem persists. Please any advice or
any bios specific parameter? upgrade to specific drivers (via, nvidia,

agp)?
Thanks in advance.
Cesar

Old July 6th 03, 02:55 PM
laredo

yes i can boot in vga mode, but after few minutes, around 2-5, system goes
down, equal result if i enter in bios, after few minutes system restart.
perphaps power supply (300 w antec)
regarfs.

Old July 6th 03, 03:06 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:55:16 +0200, In this world we created "laredo"
wrote :

yes i can boot in vga mode, but after few minutes, around 2-5, system goes
down, equal result if i enter in bios, after few minutes system restart.
perphaps power supply (300 w antec)
regarfs.

Make sure that the new card has,"Clicked"into place.My AGP slot has
locking lugs that must engage for the card to be secure unlike PCI
cards that just slide in.Also as posted what power supply do you have
as these cards draw a lot of current?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old July 7th 03, 10:45 AM
John Smith

"laredo" wrote in message
Hello,
i have a kt-7a raid, with the latest bios. Now i buy a msi gforce4
ti4200,
and when i install it, i can not boot, when the system is starting up,
windows 2000 sp3, after i log in, system reboot. I try to remove all
pci card on the mother board, i try to load the failsafe values bios,
i try

boot in vga mode, but in all cases problem persists. Please any
advice

or
any bios specific parameter? upgrade to specific drivers (via, nvidia,
agp)?
Thanks in advance.
Cesar

Also check your Motherboard Documentation, some newer ones, are fussy re the
card voltage ...