Gigabyte UK Support Contacts

Old December 31st 03, 05:16 PM
Employed

Default Gigabyte UK Support Contacts

***GIGABYTE UK SUPPORT CONTACTS***

For those in the UK who've being getting frustrated at the lack of support
offered by Gigabyte here's a limited amount of direct contacts for
Support...

Main telephone numbers
Voice: 01908 362700
Fax: 01908 362709

Direct contacts
Darren: Tel - 01908 362704 & Email -
Lloyd: Tel - 01908 362700 ext219 & Email -

Steven: Tel - 01908 362700 ext218 & Email -

You will need to be persistent with all the above contacts at the same time
if you require support from them and not take a "no" for an answer. If they
put the phone down on you (which they ignorantly do so!) just immediately
redial them again. You'll have to also back this up with very frequent
emails increasing the frequency until such time support is given to you.
It's a sad reflection on the lack of support by Gigabyte that you have to
resort to these tactics just to get an answer.

If they actually tell you that support is given by the retailer then remind
them that most of the retailers selling their products are just box shifters
(Dabs, Ebuyer, Insight, Savastore, Simply, etc., to name but a few) and as
such sell Gigabyte's products on the understanding that the manufacturer
provides the support to their products. Gigabyte seem perfectly happy to
cash in on the vast sales these give them for their products (probably the
majority of their turnover) but don't want to honour the agreement these
retailers stipulate in selling the products that the manufacturers supply
the support direct to the customer. This is why you'll have to be insistent
for support and become a nuisance to them to gain it.

Also don't bother with the web site form as your request just gets put to
the bottom of the pile and stays there forever. They'll tell you that they
give companies preferential treatment and priority and this is why your
request for support as an individual will be left at the bottom of the pile.

So fight for your rights and get the support you're entitled to. Good luck!!

Richard Soles

Old January 1st 04, 10:20 AM
Boudewijn

This message makes one thing very clear.
If you buy separate components, such as a Mobo, Videocard etc, using 'box
shifters' just don' t expect support from either the manufacturer (whether
it's Gigabyte or not) or the box shifter concerend. Just solve any problems
yourself! If you don't have the knowledge or don't know how to do it, don't
buy in this way and buy a whole system from a reputable dealer who is able
and willing to provide service.
You can't have it both ways! It's either a cheaper mobo through a box
shifter without any service (also from the manafacturer) or paying more and
getting the service you require.
Boudewijn

Old January 1st 04, 08:32 PM
Stephen

"Employed" wrote in message
***GIGABYTE UK SUPPORT CONTACTS***

For those in the UK who've being getting frustrated at the lack of support
offered by Gigabyte here's a limited amount of direct contacts for
Support...

Main telephone numbers
Voice: 01908 362700
Fax: 01908 362709

Direct contacts
Darren: Tel - 01908 362704 & Email -
Lloyd: Tel - 01908 362700 ext219 & Email -

Steven: Tel - 01908 362700 ext218 & Email -

snipped

I know the feeling with the (lack of) support from Giga-byte UK.

I've got a GA-7VT600 1394 motherboard of theirs and there is a problem with
an unknown device (something to do with the USB set-up I think) which will
not install correctly under Windows XP.

After posting a message on here slating the lack of support for this
problem, it was actually the guy called Darren who contacted me disputing
that their support was bad. After an exchange of emails the problem was
looked into until, attempting to help others with the same problem I posted
the technical reply on here. I then got a very nasty email from Darren
telling me that the matter was being brought to the attention of his
Managing Director with a view to further action being taken.

Unfortunately, and true to form for Giga-byte's support, the action seems to
have been further inaction as all contact was suddenly completely withdrawn
for the problem. Subsequently I've had numerous people contacting me, from
as far afield as Australia, with the same problem with the same motherboard
after searching and finding the initial posting and they're all enquiring to
see if it had been resolved. If it has then I haven't been informed about it
from Giga-byte. It's therefore obvious that there's a problem not related to
people's set ups but the configuration of the motherboard itself.

In short my experience of the support from Giga-byte UK has been truly
abysmal. In the past I've dealt with numerous companies for computer support
and this has to be the worst of them all by a very big margin. Even
Microsoft's support far surpasses Giga-byte's.

So the award for no support goes uncontested to Giga-byte. I now regret
buying this motherboard.

Stephen

Old January 2nd 04, 11:11 AM
Dimitris

"Employed" wrote in message ...
[...]

Well actually gigabyte support answered to me on christmas day. I post
the question in their technical support web site about 1 month before
somewher ein nonember. Maybe gigabyte replies every christmas and
easter day.
Old January 7th 04, 08:27 PM
Andy H

Bodgwhatever

whose side are you on man, c'mon if I buy a built box it's far cheaper than
a box I build, at the same time the lifespan is a bout 1 year due to the
limited bios and infrequent (read non existant) updates available.

If I pay top dinar for a mobo from a box shifter I expect, nay demand some
sort of support, alright there will always be those who can't help
themselves, some people have obviously never heard of google, newsgroups
etc.

With things such as sata raid, believe me there is not a lot of detail to be
had other than pestering the manufacturers for some support, at the same
time if we didn't pester the crap out of them do you think they'd actually
address any of the problems they probably knew existed when the boxes
shipped?

Andy