Sound on unknown Bt848 based TV card

Old December 29th 03, 09:35 PM
Joakim Roubert

Default Sound on unknown Bt848 based TV card

Hi!

I bought an old PCI TV card and put it in my PC. Got picture working, but
I still haven't found out how to get sound work as well.

I have a web page with an image of the card, and the circuits identified:

http://www.df.lth.se/~jokke/bt848

From what I've found out by Google searching, the chip that handles the
sound would be the PT2254A. If so, does anybody have a TV card with this
chip that's working (and with what configuration), or does anybody have
the specifications on the chip.

If I'm totally wrong here, and some of the other chips are involved in
this sound thing, does anybody know how I should configure it?

Best regards,

/Joakim
--
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/
Old December 29th 03, 09:45 PM
jeff findley

(Joakim Roubert) writes:

http://www.df.lth.se/~jokke/bt848

Have you tried this driver:

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/

I've got a similar problem with a bt878 based card I have not solved
yet. Still, it works fine for capturing video from a VCR (just route
the audio out from the VCR into the audio in on the sound card).

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.
Old December 29th 03, 09:52 PM
JAD

patchcord between line-out of sound card to line in of vid-card.... the
'svid' could be a proprietary connection for a breakout video/audio input.

"Joakim Roubert" wrote in message ...
Hi!

I bought an old PCI TV card and put it in my PC. Got picture working, but
I still haven't found out how to get sound work as well.

I have a web page with an image of the card, and the circuits identified:

http://www.df.lth.se/~jokke/bt848

From what I've found out by Google searching, the chip that handles the

Old December 29th 03, 09:53 PM
Lefty

Joakim Roubert wrote:
Hi!

I bought an old PCI TV card and put it in my PC. Got picture working,
but I still haven't found out how to get sound work as well.

sorry if this is covered, but do you know you need a patch cable/wire from
the audio out on your tv card to the audio in on your sound card (or at
least that's the way mine works)

Old December 29th 03, 10:48 PM
Gandolf_One

"Joakim Roubert" wrote in message
Hi!

I bought an old PCI TV card and put it in my PC. Got picture working, but
I still haven't found out how to get sound work as well.

I have a web page with an image of the card, and the circuits identified:

http://www.df.lth.se/~jokke/bt848

From what I've found out by Google searching, the chip that handles the
sound would be the PT2254A. If so, does anybody have a TV card with this
chip that's working (and with what configuration), or does anybody have
the specifications on the chip.

If I'm totally wrong here, and some of the other chips are involved in
this sound thing, does anybody know how I should configure it?

Best regards,

/Joakim
--
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/

you are in luck I have a Hauppauge pc-tv card that uses the same chip and
allmost the same layout
what you need is a pass-through cable to go from the audio out (D in the
picture) to the line in on your sound card.

if you want sound through your pc speakers you need a 3.5mm stereo plug to
3.5mm stereo plug and that should get you working
Also this card should support tele-text

Old December 30th 03, 03:10 AM
Mark Taylor

"Joakim Roubert" wrote in message
Hi!

I bought an old PCI TV card and put it in my PC. Got picture working, but
I still haven't found out how to get sound work as well.

I have a web page with an image of the card, and the circuits identified:

http://www.df.lth.se/~jokke/bt848

From what I've found out by Google searching, the chip that handles the
sound would be the PT2254A. If so, does anybody have a TV card with this
chip that's working (and with what configuration), or does anybody have
the specifications on the chip.

If I'm totally wrong here, and some of the other chips are involved in
this sound thing, does anybody know how I should configure it?

Best regards,

/Joakim
--
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/

Hello Joakim

If the card is the one pictured in your web page it has a great big LEADTEK
sticker on it. So just go to
http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/wi..._expert_1.html and
download the drivers as well as the software. Brooktree 848 or 878 are just
the Conexant chipsets used on the boards. I have one of these in my
daughters PC running Windows XP SP1 and it looks very much like yours. My
card is a little different than yours but the same drivers should work fine.
I think you card is the TX2000XP FM model. With regards to the sound you
need a short 3.5 mm stereo to same from sound out labelled E I would suspect
to line in on your sound card. My card has an extra socket like your D & E
which is for the remote control sensor.

Your labels I think should be:
A = FM antenna
B = Cable or TV antenna
C = Video in - however this is a Y cable with a special plug one end which
connects to the card and the other Y section is SVHS & RCA Composite
connectors.
D = Audio in
E = Audio out

You should be able to get full performance from this card with the drivers
and application software from Leadtek under Windows 2000. You are always
better off using the correct branded drivers than the generic ones as
sometimes the cards vary with features such as the FM etc which often the
generic drivers do not deal with.

Cheers
Mark

Old December 30th 03, 03:18 PM
jeff findley

"JAD" writes:

patchcord between line-out of sound card to line in of vid-card.... the
'svid' could be a proprietary connection for a breakout video/audio input.

I think you've got that backwards. The patchcord typically goes from
the audio line-out on the capture card to the audio line-in on your
audio card. In this way, the audio card does the digitizing of the
audio, not the tuner/capture card.

Jeff
Old December 30th 03, 04:18 PM
kony

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:10:34 +0800, "Mark Taylor"
wrote:

If the card is the one pictured in your web page it has a great big LEADTEK
sticker on it. So just go to
http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/wi..._expert_1.html and
download the drivers as well as the software. Brooktree 848 or 878 are just
the Conexant chipsets used on the boards. I have one of these in my
daughters PC running Windows XP SP1 and it looks very much like yours. My
card is a little different than yours but the same drivers should work fine.
I think you card is the TX2000XP FM model. With regards to the sound you
need a short 3.5 mm stereo to same from sound out labelled E I would suspect
to line in on your sound card. My card has an extra socket like your D & E
which is for the remote control sensor.

His card is not a TV2000XP. Does that mean those drivers won't work?
I don't know.

Old December 30th 03, 04:58 PM
Joakim Roubert

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:53:16 GMT Lefty wrote:
sorry if this is covered, but do you know you need a patch cable/wire from
the audio out on your tv card to the audio in on your sound card (or at
least that's the way mine works)

I don't know what my card is like, since the connection only says "AUDIO",
without indication whether it's in or out. But I do beleive it's an
audio out and has to be attached to the sound card, since this seems to be
most common.

I'll check out the drivers the others here gave me, and I'll get back with
more info on how it went.

Regards,

/Joakim
--
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/
Old December 30th 03, 05:35 PM
Joakim Roubert

On 29 Dec 2003 16:45:02 -0500 jeff findley wrote:
Have you tried this driver:

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/

I have now, and now everything works great! Thanks a lot!!!
Checking some other info, I suspect my card is a Leadtek WinView 601,
but I'm not sure. Anyway, that's the option I chose installing the
driver above, and it works.

I guess talking software in a hardware group would be quite OT, forgive
me, but is there any TV applications that are especially good?
I have BorgTV now, and I like it a lot, but it won't let other programs
get access to sound output at the same time as I use it. No big deal,
but...

Best regards,

/Joakim
--
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/

Sound card problems with Jetway 993AN board Steve Macleod General 1 December 2nd 03 09:10 PM
Mobo On-Board Sound + PCI Sound Card? John E General 19 December 1st 03 10:29 PM
Sound card (Hercules Game Theatre XP 7.1 Sound Card ) Krish General 1 September 21st 03 05:15 AM
Santa Cruz Sound Card Davek General 0 August 17th 03 10:33 PM
onboard sound or sound card? mig General 4 August 3rd 03 03:38 PM