Multi-Session Recording using image files

Old May 27th 04, 03:50 PM
Remo-Shiva

Default Multi-Session Recording using image files

Hi all,

I was trying to put 2 image files on one cd in Alcohol 120% but even when I
click the 'don't close cd after recording' button, Alcohol doesn't let me do
it, there is definitely enough room on the CD, so after the first image had
finished and the cd wasn't closed I went into Nero 6 and tried to add the
image file through that, but it said that if I did this I wouldn't be able
to access the info previously added though alcohol. So I then tried to burn
the first image using Nero 6 on a new blank cd but there was no option for
me to create a multi-session (yet it allows this function when writing data
and audio cds) so again I couldn't add anymore files to it. I also tried
mounting the image in alcohol (yet another **** thing about Nero is you can
only mount iso and nrd image files when everybody knows the main image files
used are bin & cue) then copying the files across in both windows explorer
and Nero and neither would let me. My cd writer definitely supports
multi-session writing, I used to do it all the time with easy cd creator.
What the hell is going on, am I really asking for too much in getting 2 or
more image files onto one cd through a multi-session? Are there any pieces
of software that will do this for me so I can get rid of either alcohol or
Nero 6? I am not impressed with Nero 6 anyway, apart from the image thing I
think easy cd creator 6 was much better.

sorry for the long message I wanted to cover everything
thanks in advance for any useful replies

Shiva

Old May 27th 04, 09:24 PM
smh

Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
--------------------------------------

Remo-Shiva wrote:

I was trying to put 2 image files on one cd in Alcohol 120% but even when I
click the 'don't close cd after recording' button, Alcohol doesn't let me do
it,

Images are meant to be burnt on blank discs.

there is definitely enough room on the CD, so after the first image had
finished and the cd wasn't closed I went into Nero 6 and tried to add the
image file through that, but it said that if I did this I wouldn't be able
to access the info previously added though alcohol.

Alcohol wouldn't let you, but Nero let you burn another image ???!!!

So I then tried to burn
the first image using Nero 6 on a new blank cd but there was no option for
me to create a multi-session (yet it allows this function when writing data
and audio cds) so again I couldn't add anymore files to it.

When you are burning multiple images, that's not the "multisession" as
you know it.

I also tried
mounting the image in alcohol (yet another **** thing about Nero is you can
only mount iso and nrd image files when everybody knows the main image files
used are bin & cue)

Nero explicitly supported .cue for a long while. And even when Nero did
not explicitly support .cue, Nero could burn .bin.

Did your precious Easy CD Cremator support .bin/cue?

then copying the files across in both windows explorer
and Nero and neither would let me. My cd writer definitely supports
multi-session writing,

You burn multiple "images" as multi-volume, unlinked, independent,
separate multiple sessions. And some images cannot be stacked up.

I used to do it all the time with easy cd creator.

You mean you were able to stack up multiple images?
Did your precious Easy CD Coaster Creator burn .bin/cue?

What the hell is going on, am I really asking for too much in getting 2 or
more image files onto one cd through a multi-session? Are there any pieces
of software that will do this for me so I can get rid of either alcohol or
Nero 6? I am not impressed with Nero 6 anyway, apart from the image thing I
think easy cd creator 6 was much better.

Like this?

From: Alkampfer
Date: 6/9/03
Subject: Anyone knows why Roxio EasyCD/DVD Creator 6 doesn't work
in multisession like version 5 did ? Non finalized discs are
read as non-blank ones...

....in the disc info it says that there's free space and a single session
and says it's recordable but the write button on the interface is always
unavailable and it says that there's no blank disc in the writer... why?
This happens with both Joliet and UDF file systems.

Drag-To-Disk option hasn't been installed simply to avoid major problems
with that driver in the system.

This happens on two different PCs with four different cd and dvd
writers.

They were using version 5 before and it was easily possible to write
multisession discs.
Old May 27th 04, 10:53 PM
Remo-Shiva

who gives a **** whether easy cd creator can burn images or not? i never
said it could anyway, and beleive me I thought easy creator was **** as well
but just not as **** as nero 6. Anyway nero 6 may burn cue and bin files but
again that is not what i said, it won't mount them on a virtual drive. The
question should be was your reply any help to me what-so-ever and the answer
is a resounding NO!!!

If you can't help, don't reply.

You think you can remember that??

. --------------------------------------

Old May 27th 04, 10:58 PM
Anton Gysen

Remo-Shiva wrote:

Anyway nero 6 may burn cue and bin files but
again that is not what i said, it won't mount them on a virtual drive.

I don't know about .bin, but I had a .iso mounted in Nero ImageDrive
earlier today.
Old May 28th 04, 02:06 AM
smh

.. ---------------------------------
Roxio / Adaptec

Trashy company that picks Trashes
as its beta testers
---------------------------------

Remo-Shiva wrote:

who gives a **** whether easy cd creator can burn images or not? i never
said it could anyway, and beleive me I thought easy creator was **** as well
but just not as **** as nero 6.

You barfed that idiotic spew not understanding the multi-volume burning
was not the usual multisession burning. Do you now know the
distinction, dumb ****?

Anyway nero 6 may burn cue and bin files but
again that is not what i said, it won't mount them on a virtual drive.

Do you know that Nero Image Drive is written (customized) by the author
of Daemon Tools? Do you know that Daemon Tools is freely available?
Why did you install Image Drive when Alcohol installs its version of
virtual drive?

The
question should be was your reply any help to me what-so-ever and the answer
is a resounding NO!!!

If you can't help, don't reply.
You think you can remember that??

Do you think you can remember the distinction between Multi-volume and
Incremental multisession burning?

And do you think you can remember who pointed that out to you?

"smh" wrote...

Old May 28th 04, 01:10 PM
Remo-Shiva

so tell me how to do it oh knowledgable one.

Shiva

. ---------------------------------

Old May 28th 04, 05:18 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Remo-Shiva moaned:

so tell me how to do it oh knowledgable one.

Ball up your fist and then stick it up your ass.

Remo-Shiva squeaked:

Old May 28th 04, 06:37 PM
Remo-Shiva

done that, what next?

"smh" wrote in message
. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Remo-Shiva moaned:

so tell me how to do it oh knowledgable one.

Ball up your fist and then stick it up your ass.

Remo-Shiva squeaked:

Old May 28th 04, 07:01 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
Alex Nichol (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
(Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?)

Remo-Shiva squealed:
smh wrote:
Remo-Shiva moaned:

so tell me how to do it oh knowledgable one.

Ball up your fist and then stick it up your ass.

done that, what next?

Croak away.

Remo-Shiva squeaked: