Bioshock

Old August 31st 07, 09:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Marni[_2_]

Default Bioshock

Problems running a 7*** card???
Mine stopped when disabling high detail shaders.

7900GT AGP
Old September 1st 07, 01:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
zephyris

"Marni" wrote in message
k...
Problems running a 7*** card???
Mine stopped when disabling high detail shaders.

Just completed the entire game (saved all the sisters....couldn't bring
myself to harvest them) on my FX57 and 7800GTX 512Mb. Smooth as silk at
1024x768 with everything maxed with no issues. Did, however use the new
Bioshock Beta drivers. Very reminiscent of System Shock in terms of desig,
complexity, twists and choices. Loved it. Very replayable.

Old September 1st 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"First of One" wrote in message
Is FSAA dysfunctional in this game?

There seems to be some issues. I think you can force it with nVidia Control
Panel settings on DX10 cards running Vista (obviously, since no DX10 on XP)
from what I've read. So since I have no intention of using Vista at any
point in the forseeable future, it's a moot point for me. Interestingly,
there are noticeable differences between DX9 visuals on XP vs Vista with
this game. A number of websites have quite a few comparison shots of
Bioshock on XP vs Vista with DX9. It's mostly minor. For that matter the
DX10 stills vs the DX9 ones are mostly minor, at least for this game.

Old September 1st 07, 10:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Marni[_2_]

"JRS" wrote in message

Did you read the post above about the Bioshock tweak guide?

You are supposed to use the new Beta 163.xx drivers nVidia released that
have specific Bioshock fixes in them..

I am using the 163.44 drivers.
When i loaded a savegame it crashed to desktop if "high detail shaders" was
on.

Old September 1st 07, 04:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Marni wrote:

"JRS" wrote in message

Did you read the post above about the Bioshock tweak guide?

You are supposed to use the new Beta 163.xx drivers nVidia released that
have specific Bioshock fixes in them..

I am using the 163.44 drivers.
When i loaded a savegame it crashed to desktop if "high detail shaders"
was on.

Bioshock requires 163.50 Forceware or greater for that operation.
Old September 2nd 07, 07:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PW[_2_]

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:01:31 -0700, JRS
wrote:

Did you read the post above about the Bioshock tweak guide?

You are supposed to use the new Beta 163.xx drivers nVidia released that
have specific Bioshock fixes in them..

I use a 7950 and have had no problems yet...

Me too (7950 + 163.44 drivers). But tech support has given up trying
to figure out why the game won't even start or prompt me for my
product key so they gave me return instructions so I can get a refund.

-pw

Old September 3rd 07, 11:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Marni[_2_]

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Marni wrote:

"JRS" wrote in message

Did you read the post above about the Bioshock tweak guide?

You are supposed to use the new Beta 163.xx drivers nVidia released that
have specific Bioshock fixes in them..

I am using the 163.44 drivers.
When i loaded a savegame it crashed to desktop if "high detail shaders"
was on.

Bioshock requires 163.50 Forceware or greater for that operation.

Forgot the pills day before yesterday?

Old September 4th 07, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Marni wrote:

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Marni wrote:

"JRS" wrote in message

Did you read the post above about the Bioshock tweak guide?

You are supposed to use the new Beta 163.xx drivers nVidia released
that
have specific Bioshock fixes in them..

I am using the 163.44 drivers.
When i loaded a savegame it crashed to desktop if "high detail
shaders" was on.

Bioshock requires 163.50 Forceware or greater for that operation.

Forgot the pills day before yesterday?

Actually, the 163.50 drivers avoid the problem the OP was talking about,
but only if he had XP. Which were leaked before the 163.44's came out.

So I'm not missing pills and entering a personal timewarp, I'm just not
assiduously labeling all the versions. Nor being very clear: Before the
..44's, you needed the 50's for XP, not Vista.

The good news is, wait a week and both versions will be moot!

Old September 4th 07, 07:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Marni[_2_]

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message ...
Marni wrote:

Actually, the 163.50 drivers avoid the problem the OP was talking about,
but only if he had XP. Which were leaked before the 163.44's came out.

So I'm not missing pills and entering a personal timewarp, I'm just not
assiduously labeling all the versions. Nor being very clear: Before the
.44's, you needed the 50's for XP, not Vista.

The good news is, wait a week and both versions will be moot!

I did a (too)quick search for the .50's with negative result, so i thought
you were joking....
Thanks.