8500gt silent X2 SLI

Old August 6th 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
housetrained[_2_]

Default 8500gt silent X2 SLI

Installed a second card and connected with the SLI connector. Enabled via
the nVidia control panel.
Before installing card 2 my Vista rating was 5.0 After installation of card
2 Vista rating is still 5.0. Also intermittently I get a black screen which
goes normal with a warning that the driver has recovered from a disaster. I
have removed the second card and all is OK. Am using the latest 162.22
driver.
Any ideas why the SLI is a waste of time?? Could I be doing something wrong?
TIA

--
John the West Ham fan

Old August 6th 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Vista's Windows Experience Rating is not a benchmark, so don't treat it like
one. Mark Welker of AMD's benchmarking lab explains it pretty well at one
point in this video:
http://www.gearlive.com/news/article...rformance-lab/

Old August 10th 07, 07:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
housetrained[_2_]

"First of One" wrote in message
Vista's Windows Experience Rating is not a benchmark, so don't treat it
like one. Mark Welker of AMD's benchmarking lab explains it pretty well at
one point in this video:
http://www.gearlive.com/news/article...rformance-lab/

snip

Maybe you can help me.
MB P5N32-E SLI Plus. Graphics EN8500 GT Silent.
OK, bought a second EN8500 GT Silent and installed it connected the
umbilical and set the nVidia control panel to 2 cards.
Made no difference at all. Neither to my Vista rating neither visually to
the 3d turning gadget on the nVidia page.
On top of that, using the latest 122.62 driver the screen would go black
then show recovered from graphic driver blah blah blah; and all would be
fine till next time.
Have removed the second card and all is OK.
Now, there is a new beta driver 163.something or other. I tried to install
that one and guess what? It stops and says that I am not running Vista 32bit
and will now close.
Then I can't install 162.22 again, it hangs. The only way forward (LOL) is
to go back via System Restore.
Any comments (kind, constructive ones please)?

--
John the West Ham fan

MSI 8500GT ($99.99) and 8600GTS ($189.99) are up on ZipzoomFly @ 10PM Pacific Time 16 April. John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 9 April 19th 07 09:17 PM
silent pc Luca Stancapiano General 5 December 26th 06 06:44 PM
Silent PSU Maus Asus Motherboards 2 March 13th 06 10:18 PM
Silent PSU Dino Homebuilt PC's 5 June 11th 05 12:59 AM
looking for silent HSF o-chan Homebuilt PC's 50 March 26th 05 07:09 AM