What the heck does this mean????

Old May 20th 07, 08:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
marcy

Default What the heck does this mean????

I have done many reformats and installs. But ran into a different problem.
The owner bought XP and wants to replace Vista
on a relatively new Gateway. I saved the data. But when I get to the XP
setup where I normally delete the partition and reinstall, I am only being
shown "Unknown Disk (There is no disk in this drive.)"

It says that 4 times
one above the other. I have never seen that message. I happened to have
another SATA of exactly the same size and blank so I put it in the computer
and was going to try installing to it. I get the same message.

I looked in Setup but can't find any setting that would cause this.

The message seems to indicate that I am trying to install to an optical
drive...
???

What does this mean????????????

Thanks!!!!!!!
marcy

Old May 20th 07, 08:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
marcy

Default more info

There are four card slots in this tower so apparently, they are being shown
as empty and that's fine, but I am not being show the C drive.
How can that be??

Old May 20th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
marcy

Default Fixed

The drive was in Raid mode instead of IDE

Old May 20th 07, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "marcy" wrote:

[...]

Find an old DOS copy of FDISK, and delete any partitions.
Then start over.

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old May 20th 07, 09:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "marcy" wrote:

There are four card slots in this tower so apparently, they are being shown
as empty and that's fine, but I am not being show the C drive.
How can that be??

Does the BIOS show the drive?

--
_____