bought a 9800xt with 128bit memory interface with 256meg

Old October 21st 05, 06:15 PM
dave

Default bought a 9800xt with 128bit memory interface with 256meg

I can't find any info on this card.
Says its an XT didn't know they made 128bit version but it is according SIS
info,
Says made in china on box.
Anybody know anything abouth the card, like number of pipelines,speed of
core and mem
etc.
I have heard of some 9800's with some features disabled, like 4 pipes and
the 128bit interface but I dont think it was the XT.
the text in windows is shaky,bad card
not much faster than my old geforce 3 ti500
is there anything I can do to improve 2d performance and speed up 3d
performance

thanks

Old October 22nd 05, 01:33 PM
Glitch

dave wrote:
/cut/

I remember a guy posting about the same thing about a month ago.Said he
bought a XT on Ebay but specs weren't quite XT (lower clocks...).

There's not much you can do to improve performance of the card except
try and RMA the card because you thought you were buying XT and instead
you get the crippled version.OCing the card is another option though you
have to put a godd cooler on the GPU in order to keep the temperature down.

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535
Old October 22nd 05, 05:52 PM
Augustus

"dave" wrote in message
I can't find any info on this card.

There's no such thing as a 9800XT with a 128bit interface. Every one is
256bit, and have 412core / 730 memory. Like the other guy said, there was a
posting here from someone a few weeks back who bought a bogus 9800XT with
128bit interface and very slow clockings. What these things are is anyone's
guess. If you run Everest home on it, which GPU does it say and what clock
speeds does it give?

Old October 22nd 05, 07:19 PM
dave

Chip: R360
Mem: 256MB
MEM BUS: 128-bit
Active Pipelines: 8
Core Clock: 385Mhz
Mem Clock: 222Mhz(444DDR)

Not so much the speed that bothers me is the wavy display.
Not my monitor either, i have tried everything moving monitors, new cable,
its the crappy card.
Poor memory and pcb construction I would guess is causing onboard
interference.

EBay is getting more like a flea market everyday.

here's the link to it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ATI-RADEON-9...CARD-9800XT_W0
QQitemZ8712472831QQcategoryZ40158QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI tem

Old October 22nd 05, 08:37 PM
Glitch

dave wrote:
Not so much the speed that bothers me is the wavy display.

RMA it ,that alone should give you RMA rights.

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535
Old October 23rd 05, 04:31 AM
Spidious

I was the guy that posted the fake 9800XT that I bought on EBay. It never
even came close to the actual specs of a true 9800XT. But was made by a
company named Microze Technology Development Co., Ltd.. and sold thru the
company name on EBay as " 99 e store inc ". their site after further
investigation by myself , had no link to help or even how to contact them. I
paid to have another one sent from their company at my expense. It tested
better. But still was a fake one .. IMO I have since sent it back and
PayPal is going to refund my money. Then I will but one from newegg.com . I
should of stuck with them. I can get a 6600GT for less than I have spent on
the one I sent back.
if you want to see just how bad the artifacts on my are
.. Click here http://home.insightbb.com/~thediecastpage/errors.jpg

or what speed it actually tested at this one
http://home.insightbb.com/~thediecas...myatispecs.jpg

Best thing I can do is recommend to go thru the process of getting your
money back. Download the ATI Tool and test yours. Mine kept wanting to
underclock the video card. So low it was ridiculous !

ATI Tool http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=725

Old October 23rd 05, 06:15 AM
Augustus

"dave" wrote in message
Chip: R360
Mem: 256MB
MEM BUS: 128-bit
Active Pipelines: 8
Core Clock: 385Mhz
Mem Clock: 222Mhz(444DDR)

I looked on Ebay and see that there's a lot of these so called 128bit
"9800XT" cards with 225Mhz memory. I don't know who makes them, but it's not
ATI. They get away with calling it a 9800XT because it has an R360 core, but
it's crippled with very slow memory and a 128bit interface. Even the
straight 9800 has 256bit 310Mhz memory. You have my sympathies.